top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all BK Experts is this normal..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all BK Experts is this normal..........

Can someone please help me understand is this a normal thing . Our 341 meeting is next Friday the 14th and we are already looking at be dismissed for cause pursuant to 11 USC 707 or for abuse under same code. I understand the abuse because we were over median wage by a thousand. I don't understand the cause one.

I thought this was done AFTER the 341 not before.

I'm sorry as I posted also in my Panic thread.

My lawyer said of the 20-25 case's that she has had with a motion to dismissed only 1 was dismissed. She is working on all the replies this weekend and hand delivering to TT on Monday so he has it before Friday with the hopes the 341 will go smooth

I agree with Frogger in his opinion that this is great odds in my other post

I am sorry that you are having to go through this, but you paid your attorney to do your 'worrying for you.' You should relax and let your 'hired hand' as it were, do the job you paid for. My best.

Comment

No, it is not unusual for the Motion to Dismiss

1. To be filed before the 341 meeting, and
      2. To include alterntive reasons under 707.

Standard stuff. Stop panicking and just let the process unfold. Sounds like your attny knows exactly what she is doing and all will work out in the end.

Des.

Comment

Thanks Des and Mark. I was okay all day today and than I started thinking wrong thing to do so it's time to go to bed and not worry.

Your guys are the best

Pam

Comment

pamkev,

I always tell my clients, the ones who may face a 707 issue, that even if you lose the battle, you have not lost the war. If you are forced out of the 7 you can always do the 13. Now, most do not like the idea of big brother watching for 5 years, but as many can tell you, it is not the end of the world. When it comes to boarder-line cases, you file the 7 and hope it works, knowing, that if it doesn't there are other avenues.

Des.

Comment

Thank you, but I didn't do anything. I will suggest that you have a glass of wine before going to bed...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkCantaur View Post
              I will suggest that you have a glass of wine before going to bed...
              I think I'll take that advice. And I'm not even worried about anything.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks friends. I slept well last night might have been that bottle of Yuengling beer I had before I went to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                  Standard stuff. Stop panicking and just let the process unfold.
                  This is one thing that people filing bk have a problem understanding. To the filer, this is a huge "event" in their life, and each and every thing is an event within that huge event.

IMO, there is nothing in bankruptcy that is an "event". Everything is part of the "process", with timetables, schedules, and deadlines. Once you are on the outside looking in, things become much more clear.

Don't panic, and do like frogger do:

All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I love it frogger and you are so right

It is a big step but it is also a process and like Des said above we might loose the battle but not the war

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X