Going to have to file Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to have to file Chapter 7

I tried to put it off, but I have to file chapter 7. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good bankruptcy attorney in the Addison/Dallas, TX area?

i'm not from that area, but i went via a referral service online. what i did was took a list, but i interview 5 before i hired one.

you might even be able to google your area and check out the ratings for the atty's in your area. make certain the consults are free and make certain you interview more than one unless you really feel good with the first one you talk with. most will give you a free consult
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      i'm not from that area, but i went via a referral service online. what i did was took a list, but i interview 5 before i hired one.

you might even be able to google your area and check out the ratings for the atty's in your area. make certain the consults are free and make certain you interview more than one unless you really feel good with the first one you talk with. most will give you a free consult

Thank you for the advice.

Comment

well good luck with it. it's important to feel confidence in the atty one hires. best of luck, i'm certain you'll find someone good in your area.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi Marko, none of us wants to ask anyone we know for a BK lawyer recommendation. Look for reviews, check out the websites for attorneys in your area. It's a bit of a crapshoot narrowing down the selection. Make a list of your top contenders, and make a few, hopefully free, consults. Look for an attorney that specializes in BKs, not a generalist.

Comment

Hi Marko,

To add to the advice already given, pay attention to how truly interested the atty is in hearing what you have to say when you are at the free consults. Make sure he/she specializes in BK and is well familiar with the local trustee's in your area. When you find someone you think you like, don't sign up right away. Have a few more consults and do some comparing. Call the office a day or two after your consult and see how willing the atty is in talking to you. Know ahead of time who will be addressing your questions, the atty or his assistant. Make sure you are comfortable with whoever it is.

Welcome to the forum!
            Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
            Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Welcome to bkforum, Marko959!

It is against BKforum rules to recommend attorneys in the public forums. Once you have enough posts to receive PMs, if somebody does have a recommendation, they can send it that way.

So, jump into some conversations or post your own questions. What you learn here can help you make the most of consultations with attorneys. I actually learned so much here that I corrected one attorney on something she told me. She emailed me later to tell me she did some research and confirmed I was correct. She had a lot of potential, but needed to get a little more experience. Without BKforum, I wouldn't have known enough to realize that.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X