Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time between filing and 341

Howdy,

How much time passed between your filing and the 341?

I know the regulations says 5-8 weeks, but curious about real world examples.

I know this answer probably varies considerably across the country, and I'll be filing in Los Angeles.

Cheers,
    Steve

It varies widely across districts. About a month, slightly less, seems to be about average.

Comment

My 341 Meeting was almost 30 days from my petition (fling) date. As suggested, it is typically around 30 days.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ours was scheduled 38 days after filing, in line with the original estimate of 4-6 weeks.
        Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Ours was around 6 weeks after we filled. We filed on Dec. 28, 2007, the last business day of the year, so we had New Year's and Martin Luther King B'day holidays in the meantime.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'm try to coordinate my 341 so it doesn't overlap with a buddy's wedding. Cheers!

Comment

I had mine a few days ago, was about a month after filing. Nothing like I expected, a lot of people in the waiting room, they called people in groups of 3, that is be prepared to listen to other people's stories along with them hearing yours.

Comment

As soon as your filing is posted on Pacer, there should be a 341 date as well. Takes a little longer to actually get the letter from the court.

Comment

Sailing, I'm afraid you don't have any choice in the matter once you file.

You have to have a VERY good reason for missing or requesting a date change for the 341. It has to be something on the order of 'you are out of the country', as in deployed with one of the Armed Services, or you are DEAD!

That last statement really isn't a joke. Trustees do not take kindly to someone not showing up for the 341. I have sat in on a few, and in almost every case, if the debtor was not present, or had not filed a letter stating a very good reason, that debtor's BK was dismissed.

Now, if you have not yet filed, you and your attorney can delay your filing long enough so that the 341 will fall after the wedding date. Talk this over with your attorney.

Good wishes to you!
                  Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-22-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

of course we had to be different. ours what approx 60 days after our filing. we were told by the atty a year before filing because that's when we hired the firm that it's usually with 3-4 weeks after filing date. however, since we hired them filings had tripled and the courts were backed up in our district.

now it's the summer and many of the trustees take vacays etc. but it appears that the norm is approx 4 weeks after submitting the filing and getting the docket number.
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks again for all your help.

Of course I'd never miss my 341.

The actual wedding is a Saturday, but, since I'm in the wedding party, there are events Thursday and Friday. Oh, and obviously the wedding isn't in my town.

Comment

you'll know well in advance.
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                          Sailing, I'm afraid you don't have any choice in the matter once you file.

You have to have a VERY good reason for missing or requesting a date change for the 341. It has to be something on the order of 'you are out of the country', as in deployed with one of the Armed Services, or you are DEAD!

That last statement really isn't a joke. Trustees do not take kindly to someone not showing up for the 341. I have sat in on a few, and in almost every case, if the debtor was not present, or had not filed a letter stating a very good reason, that debtor's BK was dismissed.

Now, if you have not yet filed, you and your attorney can delay your filing long enough so that the 341 will fall after the wedding date. Talk this over with your attorney.

Good wishes to you!
                          Trustees also do not like when you show up late, when I was at my 341 a few people's lawyers did not show up, one was 1 1/2 hours late, when they walked in and walked out 10 minutes later, I saw the look on the woman's face who was filing, did not look good. I suspect the trustee ripped into them both. I arrived early, nearly a 1/2 hour prior to my set time.

Comment

That is very true. One of the cases I watched, the person arrived late. I did not hear what reason was given, but the debtor was told to sit down, and the trustee made him wait and sit through every other case scheduled for that time slot.

Comment

Mine was exactly 30 days but my paperwork my atty gave me says 4-5 weeks after filing.
                              Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X