top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only Creditor that showed up at 341 - You guessed it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Creditor that showed up at 341 - You guessed it...

Best Buy.

Girl said she was with Capital 1 - my balance is a little under 4K.

Basically asked if I had this and that merchandise from 2010 and 2011, what I did with the items I said I no longer have, the condition of the items I said I had, etc.

I searched threads on here about Bass and Associates...good stuff.

My atty told me she has a "Bass Ass" letter she sends them to prove secured interest....and that to ignore them and they eventually go away.

So I'm counting down the 60 days...
    Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

they are notorious for doing this, and what are you suppose to do if you don't have the stuff, i know many people they threaten to go get it but never do. unreal. especially if you are a no asset 7...duh...you have NO assets and i don't have the stuff and you want what? lol, i'm sure they will just fade into the sunset.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

It's called low-hanging fruit. Just keep your fruit high!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm a little confused--it was Bass and Ass, the collection agency, that appeared at your 341? Or Capital One itself?

I'm curious since I'll be filing soon, and Capital One is my largest creditor.

Last October I did a $10K balance transfer to my Capital One card, I did make four payments on the account after the transfer, then stopped in March, once I had hired an attorney.

Should I be worried?

Comment

Sailing2013, for the most part--at least about 95% of the time--no creditor ever shows up. The OP's Best Buy situation is very unusual.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yeah, I've read on the forum the Best Buy's collection efforts can be relentless, especially for secured-debt.

But I was confused by the original post,

"Best Buy.

Girl said she was with Capital 1 - my balance is a little under 4K."

Was the person who appeared at the OP's 341 Best Buy, Capital One, or Bass? The OP lists all three in their post.

Comment

The way I read it, and I just re-read it again, it sounds like this female is employed by the collection firm of Bass, on behalf of Capitol One, who is the credit agency for Best Buy.

Does that make sense? Someone else with direct experience with your agencies will chime in, I am sure.

I know you are worrying. 'Hub and I have been there, and done that, Please believe us, it WILL get better. You cannot hurry the process along. WE wanted it over and done with yesterday, also!!!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

awesome--thanks for the clarification. that does make sense =)

Comment

Sorry for any confusion - AngelinaCat is right on the money.
                  Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Comment

Sears got in big trouble for doing this kind of thing during the 90's , before they sold off their credit card operation to Citibank. Funny that Capital One is doing this now, by way of Best Buy and HSBC. I thought IMHO that Crap One had improved their reputation, now however they seem to be a bottom tier lender again, brings back memories of Household Finance, Citifinancial, and The Associates (anyone remember them??).
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

The Associates... "fond" memories of financing a computer from Radio Shack through them!

Comment

Oh Associates my ex hubby had a loan with them remember them well

Comment

BB/BassAss.... good ole' reliable.
                          Well you can't blame them for trying.
                          As usual, ignore them, bs them, offer them their urine-soaked equipment at a time convenient for you.
                          Eventually they will go away if you refuse to play along.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

That's exactly what my atty said. She said they don't even have track of serial numbers.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X