X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documents trustee requested as at 341

Hola,

Quick question:

Aside from DL, SS card and petition, did your trustee ask for any documents at the 341?

I want to be as prepared as possible. I had asked my attorney, and he said I need to being nothing else. That in 90% of the cases, no further documents are required.

But I want to be prepared for anything that may arise.

My case will be a no-asset Chapter 7.

Thanks...this board is invaluable!
    Steve

Steve, trust your attorney. Bring only what you are told to bring. If you feel the need to bring extra stuff, do so, but leave it in the car.

Get there plenty early. Have plenty of quarters if you have to feed meters. Know where your meeting site is. Dress respectfully for the Court. Khaki pants (not shorts) and a knit polo-type collared shirt will do well.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Always dress to your ability (but not overdressed). The Trustee has your whole financial history in front of them, so trying to dress down is rather silly. However, do not wear expensive jewelry or watches or bring anything else that flaunts wealth or uncontrolled spending. For example, leave the Gucci at home.

As Mrs. Cat writes, just bring what you attorney tells you to bring. When you are represented, the attorney should have already provided everything to the Trustee's office, and/or has a copy of it with them. Again, be prepared with your driver's license and proof of SSN!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'll chime in with DONT BRING YOUR CELL PHONE! :/

I had mine in my purse...and had to walk ALLLLLL the way back to the parking lot 7 blocks away in the blistering heat. Needless to say I looked quite disheveled when I got to our meeting - ugh.

We brought everything with us...and good thing we did as our attorney had a last minute thing come up so he sent his partner, whom we'd never met. He didnt have some items *go figure* that he should've, so it was a good thing we brought all of our paperwork with us.

Of course, YMMV - but I cannot stress enough about the cell phone issue.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. But what items did the atty forget? Just so I know so I may be prepared. Thanks!

Comment

Take your social security card, your drivers license, and anything else that your attorney requests for you to take. If your attorney doesn't request for you to take anything else, then don't!
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Sailing, as everyone has said, all you should need is your DL and SS card, unless your attorney says bring something else.

I kept a big fat folder with duplicates or the originals of everything I had given to my attorney, all my notes, etc. I took this to every attorney meeting, in case I had to refer to something. I also took this to my 341, but left it in my car, as ACat suggested. I did not need it.

Comment

well, i agree with what everyone has mentioned except this. Pj, like you i always carried around copies or originals of all documents we submitted plus any current bank statements etc. well wouldn't you know the trustee asked for a current bank statement! i think it was because the courts were backed up and we had to wait almost 8 weeks from the time we filed, so maybe she wanted to see that were consistent with those other 6 months we had submitted 8 weeks prior. i don't know. but i was prepared and our atty said you don't have to bring anything, other than the basics already mention. had i not brought the current bank statement it most likely would have held up our closing. so i don't know. i still think it best to keep anything like a current bank statement or ele bill with you. just also seemed we were the exception to the rule. good thing it all worked out.

sailing i'm certain it will all work out just fine.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm really not worried about it.

More than anything--like everyone else going through this process--I just want it to end soon. And if there's a possibility I may be asked for a bank statement, rather than returning to the court house later with it, I'd rather just have it on me. I mean, its pretty freaking easy just to bring it along. Same with all of the other documents I've already given my attorney.

That said, my attorney said he doesn't anticipate the court asking me for anything. So I won't bring.

BTW, what's the deal with cell phones? You are not allowed to bring one into a federal courthouse?

Comment

Cell phones weren't an issue at mine, but it was held at a local office bldg. Of course, everyone was requested to turn them off. If you are concerned, just ask your attorney what the cell policy is at your venue, he/she should know.

Only time I ever had to turn over my phone was at a county courthouse for jury duty several years ago. They had a check-in service. I think it had something to do with photos/recording.

Comment

Generally, if it's held in the Federal Courthouse or in a building containing the Federal Courthouse, and the 341 Meeting room is on a "secure" floor, you will be subjected to the entry requirements for a Federal Courthouse. That means no cameras and no cellular phones. In many courthouses, it also means no recording devices, no iPads, tablets or laptops! If your 341 Meeting is in such a facility, your attorney should provide you with instructions on what NOT to bring to the security checkpoint.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X