X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Wake Up Call - Regarding Real FICO Post BK

Hi All,

Remember my thread here:

Well thanks to PJmax who provided such an insightful response, I decided to check my real FICO from MyFico.com. Holy difference!!

Post Ch 7 discharge:

EX: 570
    EQ: 615
    TU: 546

OUCH!! It's good I know where I stand though.

I just got a secured credit card with a $250 limit from my credit union and plan on charging on it and paying it off every month.

But wow, what a wake up call - thanks for the great advice PJMax!!
    Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Oh, stevie2012, I know this hurts. These numbers, though, look very familiar to me and they are indeed more realistic considering your circumstances.

However, they will improve. Just be patient and proactive..
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I'm curious about my post-BK FICOs as well, but I can't bring myself to fork over the cash to find out. I feel like they are what they are and what I'm doing now is the most I can do to improve them, so knowing the exact number isn't important enough to justify the money.

Did you try Capital One? They gave me a 2K Visa and a 1K MC and I'm less than a month out. FYI, I somehow had two zero-balance credit cards survive my BK and the limits on those are pretty solid (10K and 7K), so that may have helped.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by TXskyblue View Post
        I'm curious about my post-BK FICOs as well, but I can't bring myself to fork over the cash to find out. I feel like they are what they are and what I'm doing now is the most I can do to improve them, so knowing the exact number isn't important enough to justify the money.

Did you try Capital One? They gave me a 2K Visa and a 1K MC and I'm less than a month out. FYI, I somehow had two zero-balance credit cards survive my BK and the limits on those are pretty solid (10K and 7K), so that may have helped.

Yeah I applied with Capital 1 also, but no word yet. I only wanted two secured cards with low balance so we shall see.
        Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Comment

Why does it appear that people who file 7 get credit offers and people who file 13 don't?

Comment

I don't recall getting many offers when we were in a CH7.... We probably got a few, but I don't recall being flooded with offers like I have read of.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              I don't recall getting many offers when we were in a CH7.... We probably got a few, but I don't recall being flooded with offers like I have read of.
              We filed in June, 2012 and were discharged in September, 2012. In October I started receiving offers and was approved for a unsecured Master Card with no annual fee and 6 mos interest free in November, 2012. This was thru Capital One. I couldn't and still can't believe the number of offers we have gotten and still are getting. Also, our case has still not closed.

Comment

DH got offers for car loans just after Ch 7 filing. I didn't. More accounts were in my name when the you-know-what hit the fan. The mortgage is my name too, didn't reaffirm, don't know if that had anything to do with it. A year later now, we just received a Capital One card for DH, $500 credit, no annual fee. Used it and our first bill is due in a couple of weeks. I only received one offer for a secured credit card, and didn't do it. Only know "fake" FICOs and we are 633 and 637.
                BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

I didn't get any offers - the only ones I got were for car financing. I did get approved for the Cap 1 card too and that is all the cards I want to help reestablish credit. $200 CL on the Cap 1 and $250 on the credit union one - both secured.

Comment

We got both credit card offers and car loan offers shortly after discharge. Now that we are two plus years post filing, we are getting offers from mortgage brokers to get home loans or refinance our current mortgage. Your BK records are public and it is being watched by those that feel they can benefit by your situation, of course all in the name of wanting to help you. Read the offers carefully for the ones that will help you.
                    Lawyer - $3000
                    Filing fee - $299
                    Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

I got the secured from my credit union and it increased my FICO (real FICO) 20 points. I subscribe to score watch on MyFico.com

Comment

Originally posted by mdl View Post
                        Why does it appear that people who file 7 get credit offers and people who file 13 don't?
                        From what I've been told, people who were discharged under 7 very recently are actuallyvery good credit risks (relatively speaking, of course): 1) they can't file bankruptcy for 8 years; and 2) they have no credit card debt.

Comment

I just checked my score on myfico.com. It says 682 on Equifax.. I also signed up a few months ago for monthly credit monitoring. We will be done with our 5 year Chapter 13 plan in April 2014 & I guess I am anxious to get things cleaned up.

Do you think the 682 is a real score?

Comment

Originally posted by grndmom53 View Post
                            Do you think the 682 is a real score?
                            Since you obtained it from myfico.com, it certainly is.
                            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

If it says Fico©, you have a Fico score. Myfico is the only place you can buy a Fico score. Just be aware, there are different versions, and a particular lender may use a different one, so your score can still vary.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X