How to run a ChexSystem report like a professional collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to run a ChexSystem report like a professional collector

I'm anoyied, I've tried for years to pay off my debt and I finally got everything taken care of. My credit is still crap but oh well.

I took someone to small claims court and I won, but I actually want them to pay me my 1900$. I've been googling all night and I found this post.

But i'll be damned if I can find some way I can actually use ChexSystems, hell it was used against me about 6 years ago. Does anybody know how you can actually run a search on someone else? I realize this is the opposite of whats normally asked but i'm out of options

Thanks!

Whether you are using a central credit bureau, ChexSystems, another system, and/or Lexis/Nexis, you generally need to be a commercial "subscriber" to those systems.

If you have a judgement against someone, you typically need to record the judgement. Depending on where you live and how your local rules work, you may be able to get a writ and then have the local authorities (Sheriff, Constable, Marshall) execute the writ. You may need to, based on your local court procedures, demand some interrogatories from the defendant and force them to reveal their banking information so that you may levy their bank account(s) based on procedure and the law.

If the person has no money, then it's hard to execute on a judgement but it should minimally be recorded.

You may decide to hire an attorney to get to a place where you can have the judgement collected. I don't know what that costs. I don't know if the attorney can charge the defendant collection fees. I don't know if you can sell the judgement.

I know that I don't now enough about this process. Hopefully the lack of knowledge shows you just how you may need to find the process for your area.

Here's something I found but did not read. It may be totally wrong and is from Idaho as an example only.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had a lot of problems with ChexSystems, banks refused to open a bank account for me. I had to look for those banks in Minnesota that do not use ChexSystems https://reliablebanks.com/minnesota-...xsystems-banks and it helped me.

Comment

SoFree - be aware of the dates of any post you respond to. The one you just posted to was from 2017 so not likely to get any feedback.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X