CitiBank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CitiBank

After much consideration my wife and I decided to have our bankruptcy dismissed and work with our creditors to settle our debt. AmEX worked very well with us as did Bank of America. CitiBank was very difficult. I talked with them 25 times and felt like I was finally making some progress. Then I received a call from UCB. They harrassed me, called my wifes parents, threatened lawsuits and called my employer. They finally agreed to settle for 50% of the amount ($13,500). Before I gave them any payments I called Citi back and told them what had occurred. The manager I talked with said that it was a mistake and asked me to call him back in 72 hours. When I called back they informed me that they had pulled the account back and he offered to settle the account for $12,590.90. I agreed to those terms and they were supposed to send me a letter showing the settlement amount and giving me the address to mail the check by the 27th. I waited a week and never received anything in the mail. I called back and they assured me that the settle ment was still good and something would be in the mail in the next day or two. I waited three days and called again. They gave me the same story so I waited three more days with no results. When I called today, they informed me that the day after I agreed to a settlement they decided to send my account back to UCB. I asked to speak to a higher up and was sent to a "customer escalation" answering machine. Any ideas? Meanwhile, I have $12,590.90 in an account waiting!

I suspect the creditors have changed their minds and are now holding out for more money.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I agree with BigJohn, they see you put together a big chunk of money so in their eyes why not see if they can squeeze you for more.
      "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
      Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
      341 Hearing March 4th 2010
      Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X