Pending Foreclosure Funnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Foreclosure Funnies

Well, my lender didn't forget about me. I received a letter from my mortgage company informing me my loan has been referred to an attorney to initiate foreclosure proceedings. They were quite polite and sincere in their detailed ramblings, including the "please note that this is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose" message they plastered on every piece of paper. Don't think they were sincere? Well, they signed "Sincerely, Default Operations".

I have officially hit the RealtyTrac pre-foreclosure scene. Post-filing, my mailbox filled with auto loan offers. Everyone wanted to assist. Post-discharge, the credit card offers added considerable baggage to my mail carrier's heavy load. Now, I'm pounded with Chapter 13 "debt management" offers and foreclosure assistance letters. My NOD is awaiting my pick up at the post office.

Today I received an interesting hand-written letter from an investor. His assistant told him I have a "great house" and he wants to buy it. We can "close quickly" and I will "save my credit" and be "in a better position for the future". He even added a cute little "P.S. Please call me as soon as possible. I really want this house" followed by "God Bless". Wow, this guy really cares about me.

So...do you think I should call him and inform him of all the "great" aspects embedded within this historic house? I can detail the chronic and costly sewer problems...explaining that my house is both figuratively and literally underwater. I can inform him of the structurally unsound main beam issue and let him know this great house is truly sinking. I can show him where a tree fell a few months ago in order to promote the uprooted theme. Don't worry I won't forget to ask him how he intends to "save my credit".
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

I love the offers I keep getting in my active (Chapter 13) bankruptcy. I can't wait until discharge!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
      Well, my lender didn't forget about me. I received a letter from my mortgage company informing me my loan has been referred to an attorney to initiate foreclosure proceedings. They were quite polite and sincere in their detailed ramblings, including the "please note that this is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose" message they plastered on every piece of paper. Don't think they were sincere? Well, they signed "Sincerely, Default Operations".

I have officially hit the RealtyTrac pre-foreclosure scene. Post-filing, my mailbox filled with auto loan offers. Everyone wanted to assist. Post-discharge, the credit card offers added considerable baggage to my mail carrier's heavy load. Now, I'm pounded with Chapter 13 "debt management" offers and foreclosure assistance letters. My NOD is awaiting my pick up at the post office.

Today I received an interesting hand-written letter from an investor. His assistant told him I have a "great house" and he wants to buy it. We can "close quickly" and I will "save my credit" and be "in a better position for the future". He even added a cute little "P.S. Please call me as soon as possible. I really want this house" followed by "God Bless". Wow, this guy really cares about me.

So...do you think I should call him and inform him of all the "great" aspects embedded within this historic house? I can detail the chronic and costly sewer problems...explaining that my house is both figuratively and literally underwater. I can inform him of the structurally unsound main beam issue and let him know this great house is truly sinking. I can show him where a tree fell a few months ago in order to promote the uprooted theme. Don't worry I won't forget to ask him how he intends to "save my credit".
      Nah, I get tons of those and they are all from scammers who want you to deed the property over to them...Ignore them

Comment

Oh and let's not forget those "It's NEVER TOO LATE to save your property" loan mod firms..Since my Chapter 7 and the NOD I get phone calls and it really stops them in their tracks when I ask them if they can help me SPEED UP my foreclosure..."Well, uh, uh, why would you want to do that ?" Because I want to MOVE ON you idiot ! And then I hang up..It's quite amusing, especially after a couple margaritas...

Comment

From the day my house went into FC I have received lots of SPECIAL EMERGENCY NOTICES from official looking outfits with return addresses in Washington DC. Each one talks about the seriousness of my situation and how they are working 'directly with the US government" and can save my house, IF I ACT NOW !!!!!!!

I also received at least one hand written note on yellow legal paper expressing sadness and regret about my 'house situation'...this person, 'a local caring resident' has a plan to help me turn things around, in as little as 14 days. ....lol.

This must be quite a business.

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post

HakunaMatata the name of my boat before I lost it in Bk a nice Grady White Adventure... Oh well. I closed on my Chapter 7 December 09 and have not gotten as much as a peep from Wells Fargo on the house. Did not reaffirm and I'm like 8 months now no payments. Keep looking for the NOD but yesterday got a nice letter from the servicer begging me to call them for a loan mod! I want to stay here another 8 months so I'm thinking of calling and starting the process as a delay tactic. My other plan was to answer the foreclosure lawsuit when I received it and answer every legal issue that comes up.. one of these ideas should give me my 8 months.

Comment

I love it s***k to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Anytime someone throws in "God Bless" to any business deal, run as hard as you can. They're going to stick it to you....
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

A lot of these "offers" you are getting are coming directly from others who can obtain certain information/criteria from credit reports. You need to put a block on your credit reports to keep those outfits from giving you any offers of credit or being your savior. As soon as you are late with payments on anything, accumulate a lot of debt, etc., etc., you fall into certain categories where these bottom feeders can get the information from the credit reporting agencies. You can also end up on all sorts of mailing lists as soon as a foreclosure or BK hecomes public information. You are seen as a dollar sign in anyway possible - as to your home, there are many scammers who want to get it bad from you for a song and a dance and then pull the rug right out from under you. They are hoping you are emotionally distraught and want out ASAP or have no clue about the foreclosure process - that is really when they move in and take advantage of folks. Many states now have free foreclosure seminars in major cities or towns so people can get informed about all the scams iout there and what to do, what not to do when faced with foreclosure. There is a scammer in every crowd or for every/any situation...and they know what to say and how to act to get a signature.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Wow, I guess I'm not that special with my handwritten yellow legal paper letter (hey, it may not be legitimate; although, it's real ink!). A few margaritas could definitely make this situation interesting! Maybe Ryan and I should tag team these pseudo sympathetic scammers? Gosh, we could offer a BOGO special!

Flamingo-
                    Thank you for the advice. I intend to block bottom feeders! I suspect I'm also dealing with RealtyTrac junkies. These "wonderful offers of assistance" came rolling in two days following my pre-foreclosure listing.
                    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by jlmaca View Post
                      HakunaMatata the name of my boat before I lost it in Bk a nice Grady White Adventure... Oh well. I closed on my Chapter 7 December 09 and have not gotten as much as a peep from Wells Fargo on the house. Did not reaffirm and I'm like 8 months now no payments. Keep looking for the NOD but yesterday got a nice letter from the servicer begging me to call them for a loan mod! I want to stay here another 8 months so I'm thinking of calling and starting the process as a delay tactic. My other plan was to answer the foreclosure lawsuit when I received it and answer every legal issue that comes up.. one of these ideas should give me my 8 months.
                      If you haven't, you should look at newer State laws. Plenty of areas have implemented new twists to the foreclosure process (housing counselors serving as mediators). I've contemplated exercising my rights (however, I'm not sure how this would work with a surrendered property) as I learned if a mutually agreeable modification can't be achieved, my foreclosure will become judicial and my "rent free" time in the house will double (from six months to 12).

Don't forget...hakuna matata is a "problem-free philosophy" on land AND on sea. Life is an adventure. There are plenty of fish in the sea and plenty of boats when the time is right.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X