How do they serve you in Miami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do they serve you in Miami?

I am also in Miami Beach and I think the bank is trying to serve me with foreclosure papers.

I'd love to hear what others have experienced with Servers...things they do to try and serve homeowners.

If they tried to serve you, how did they do it?

I live in a secure building with 24/7 security who is supposed to stop all visitors and not let anyone in without the resident's permission. I received two visits from someone who says they are with a "mortgage servicing" company, however both times I was not home.

Any other experiences from other Floridians?

thanks

They stuck it to my door with masking tape.

Comment

See the other thread where you asked this... I'll repeat my response here. Yes, then can also post the notice as well on the property, although that's typically reserved for abandoned property or a property in which they haven't been able to serve the owner and/or tenants.

Originally posted by justbroke
      They only need to attempt service in hand a few times. (I don't know what the exact number is.) Then they can go by publication in the paper. If you're trying to just avoid being served, then all you've done is avoid being served. They will then use service by publication, which takes slightly longer, but is still valid. In most counties in Florida, service of process for foreclosures is done by the Sheriff's office (process servers from the Sheriff's office). They actually document when they attempted delivery and will usually leave their card for you to call them to have the papers delivered. If you don't respond, then they'll just "return" service to the Court and it will proceed from there.

Don't let it be done by publication because then you'll have no clue what's going on with your case. I know that you're not trying to avoid service, but if you want to mount a defense -- if that's what you're trying to do -- then you need to accept service and start that 20 day clock to file an answer.

However, in your particular case, you write a "mortgage servicer" sent the person, so this could just be to see if the place is occupied and/or secure an unoccupied property. This doesn't read like service of process.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks...but just to know what to expect, what kind of things do they do? Call and say I have a package delivery? Watch my car in the parking lot? Slide it under my door? This is my first time, and of course I am a babe in these woods...

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post
          They stuck it to my door with masking tape.

Thanks, Krazy - just curious, does that count as legal service? Or some other type of notice?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X