top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chase isn't Foreclosing and now FINALLY we know WHY!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, incredible story...too bad its ended up like that, these TBTF banks are not the sharpest tools in the shed are they! Do you have pix of how you left it with all the signs posted and what not? If you do then I might have someone snap a few pix of how it looks now so that you have a record in pictures, for whatever reason (ie: someone tries to come back on you with some type of invoice or try to bill you to have it taken down, you never know with your name on the deed and all just saying).

At least you can take comfort in knowing for sure that leaving that house was the right and only thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
      Since you haven't lived there in 4 years who is paying the taxes? With four years having gone by, here in Georgia there'd already be a tax lien purchased by someone.
      Normally, that is correct. In this case however, the taxes probably will not sell due to the lack of value with the property. The lender probably will not foreclose either, due to the problems creating the lack of value to the property.

Therefore, tobee is stuck with the title to the property and the code violations and fines that come along with it. This is a nasty little ploy that the lenders do when the property can not be resold or is a liability.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
        Since you haven't lived there in 4 years who is paying the taxes? With four years having gone by, here in Georgia there'd already be a tax lien purchased by someone.
        the bank has been paying the taxes and the insurance both. chase wouldn't ever let a house go for taxes..although maybe they should have with this one?

we tried to keep insurance on the house, however, since we did not reside in the house the insurance company dropped us and no other company would cover unless we actually lived in the house.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
          Wow, incredible story...too bad its ended up like that, these TBTF banks are not the sharpest tools in the shed are they! Do you have pix of how you left it with all the signs posted and what not? If you do then I might have someone snap a few pix of how it looks now so that you have a record in pictures, for whatever reason (ie: someone tries to come back on you with some type of invoice or try to bill you to have it taken down, you never know with your name on the deed and all just saying).

At least you can take comfort in knowing for sure that leaving that house was the right and only thing to do.
          i have the pictures of when we left the house. but i'm really not concerned that they would go after us for any reason with this type of damage which was caused by "nature".

it is understandable why towns have ordinances for lawn up keep etc., but when you live where many houses or barns go back "into" the land, that is one thing i'm actually not concerned about. also since the house was discharged in the bk, we are no longer financially responsible for any costs affiliated with the house.

as far as our names still being on the deed, again, i know it's a BIG deal to everyone, well, not to us. just because we still technically "own" this property, it's only beause the bank did not do their due diligence to even attempt to midigate their damages that the property is in such condition. one needs to keep in mind in the new jersey being that the bank has 20 years to do the deed transfer anything can happen and actually the bank can chose to never (at least in my life time) change owners.

i do take comfort that we left and really we never looked back. of course we miss a few things there, shoot we were in the house over 30 years. but really we are so much better off now without all those worries!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
            Normally, that is correct. In this case however, the taxes probably will not sell due to the lack of value with the property. The lender probably will not foreclose either, due to the problems creating the lack of value to the property.

Therefore, tobee is stuck with the title to the property and the code violations and fines that come along with it. This is a nasty little ploy that the lenders do when the property can not be resold or is a liability.
            frogger, there are no code violations in them there hills...LOL!!! now if you go to the county seat city limits in that town they have a few. but not out in the huge mountain/wooded county we lived in.

actually one can chose to never cut their lawn or paint their home purple, or use an out house as long as the hole is dug deep enough.

ps...zillow still list the property value at 260k LOL!!!! now that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              frogger, there are no code violations in them there hills...LOL!!!
              Oh my dear, indeed they are codes in the hills. They may not enforced, but they are there.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.

Comment

Oh my dear, indeed they are codes in the hills. They may not enforced, but they are there.
                ahhhhh my little green friend. i actually called and they said nope...no codes on that or noise, or yelling and screaming in the middle of the night. in other words you can scream all night and its ok, however, i must mention since i just remembered there are township codes on dogs barking....they can only bark from 9-9 daily that's it.

now, of course there are codes, i mean building codes and such, but so such ordinances as lawn maintenance, or garbage dumping on your own property. honest.

there was a case we had at the law firm i worked at where people moved in from the city and hired the firm i worked with because their neighbor dumped for years on the property line. i mean there was everything there from toilets, to dead animals!! (i swear). so these people have a ton of money and decide to sue their neighbors using our civil atty's for the case. they spend well over 60k in atty fees and lost in court because there is simply no violations with respect with how one wants to keep their land or property.

on the other hand, yes, i stand corrected, there are now enforceable building codes and electrical codes etc. however, one can still have an out house LOL!! put that does have to pass code.

i wouldn't even be surprised if someone has already called the county health dept. and they did nothing. wish they would!!!

ps you have to remember these are new jersey hills NOT the hills of west va where they really may care.
                Last edited by tobee43; 05-21-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Good Lord - ya'll are reminding me of that crazy movie The Hills Have Eyes.

Tobee - how in the hell did ya'll keep trees from growing in your house for 30 years if they just popped up w/in the last 4? Holy crap.... that area should've never had anything built on it. How is the town / county not responsible for all homes in that area? Technically (and legally) they should be condemned at the very least if its that bad; yours can't be the only one.

Comment

most people keep up their grounds. our gardens were open to the public yearly for tours and were listed as on of the top 10 gardens in the state. there were trees brought in from all over the world and when we left most were donated to the state. when we lived there the work started at 4am and the watering was completed by 1pm. the lawns were mowed 2x's a week, so if let go all of that plus the ponds which were also maintained that could or would go to pot. i have lived many lives in my life time and one of those many lives has in it a degree from rutgers in horticulture. i have designed some major projects through out the north east including our grounds which is really the only thing that broke my heart when we left. although, i know the state dedicated an area in our names for all the trees and flora we donated to the state gardens.

in that area you could have a farm shack or a 10 million dollar estate and everything in between. i can't understand why other neighbors haven't complained as you point out they should comdem the place. but remember you can't even see the house, and there is a long driveway and the nearest neighbor is at least a few acers away.

LOL!! you would have LOVED our first place there i had to bring my groceries up by sled in the winter. (THE TRUTH!) and i LOVED it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                      Good Lord - ya'll are reminding me of that crazy movie The Hills Have Eyes.
                      Nope. When we start getting crazy on the Lily Pad, you'll be hearing banjo music....

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                        i have the pictures of when we left the house. but i'm really not concerned that they would go after us for any reason with this type of damage which was caused by "nature".

it is understandable why towns have ordinances for lawn up keep etc., but when you live where many houses or barns go back "into" the land, that is one thing i'm actually not concerned about. also since the house was discharged in the bk, we are no longer financially responsible for any costs affiliated with the house.

as far as our names still being on the deed, again, i know it's a BIG deal to everyone, well, not to us. just because we still technically "own" this property, it's only beause the bank did not do their due diligence to even attempt to midigate their damages that the property is in such condition. one needs to keep in mind in the new jersey being that the bank has 20 years to do the deed transfer anything can happen and actually the bank can chose to never (at least in my life time) change owners.

i do take comfort that we left and really we never looked back. of course we miss a few things there, shoot we were in the house over 30 years. but really we are so much better off now without all those worries!
                        Your last sentence says it all - you still have worries as they just have popped up. If I were you and to be on the safe side here cause we all know how things come back to bite one in the butt, I would have someone do a property search on that property and to check legally what, if anything, has been done as to any title transfer. If nothing has been done, your name is still tied to that property and someday when you least expect it, something is going to happen. Hopefully you have some attorney friends in NJ that can check on this for you - I would not leave any stone unturned on this one as something is not right in Rightsville.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

frogger;571369]Nope. When we start getting crazy on the Lily Pad, you'll be hearing banjo music....
                          shoot and i'm not invited??????

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                            Your last sentence says it all - you still have worries as they just have popped up. If I were you and to be on the safe side here cause we all know how things come back to bite one in the butt, I would have someone do a property search on that property and to check legally what, if anything, has been done as to any title transfer. If nothing has been done, your name is still tied to that property and someday when you least expect it, something is going to happen. Hopefully you have some attorney friends in NJ that can check on this for you - I would not leave any stone unturned on this one as something is not right in Rightsville.
                            flamingo, this is nj, so it's referred to as Wrongsville LOL!!

i understand and appreciate your concern. i have spoken to a few atty friends in nj and they say just let it be. the reason they said it's really not our problem and actually, this isn't a problem (yet) the fact that since the mortgage was discharged in the bk and state statue is 20 years for a title transfer by the bank, one really can't do anything to push the bank into moving. it was actually one of them that i was quoting when i referred to, and have asked, them at a earlier time anticipating possible problems in the future; that one clearing stated that the bank must show they attempted to mitigate any damages as a result of any or all damages incurred after the discharge. nj being different than many states where the statue says to the bank, you must transfer with i.e. 5 years, they are much more motivated to act, whereas, in this situation there is no reason for them to even care.

the extremely odd thing to me, and i hate to be repetitive, but this mortgage was an FHA with PMI where the bank could have and still can collect. i called FHA, they said chase to date has put in no claim for the balance of the mortgage, why, because they MUST by procedural regulations foreclose first. so, they, the bank does and do have choices of what they can do.

while some say i'm legally responsible but not financially responsible after a surrender/discharge, there are limits to the where and what those legal responsibilities include. according to one atty, he said, if chase creates the problem it simply is their problem.

but i'm with you...we will see. this is uncharted territory for many even the atty's, so they don't know. so far, there is no clear case law of what can happen. maybe that's going to be me ROFL!!! just what i need.

Comment

Nope. When we start getting crazy on the Lily Pad, you'll be hearing banjo music....
                              I hear banjo music and I freeze, then tuck and run I aint squealin' like a pig, no thank you. LOL

Gettin crazy on the lily pad *shakes head* Only you m'dearest..only you

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                                I hear banjo music and I freeze, then tuck and run I aint squealin' like a pig, no thank you. LOL

Gettin crazy on the lily pad *shakes head* Only you m'dearest..only you

ok you two! don't want any tadpoles hangin about ms pandora LOL!!! (you are too funny!)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X