Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance refund on vacated home

Hello all!

Long story short, we vacated our previous house (discharged in a BK7 4 years ago) about 6 months ago. We haven't paid the mortgage in over a year,however Citi paid the annual insurance premium in full for 2013 out of escrow. We just got a letter from our insurance company notifying us that they were cancelling the policy due the house no longer being occupied and they were sending a refund. Given that we haven't paid our mortgage in so long (and thus haven't paid into escrow), will the refund still go to us or back to Citi?

Thanks!
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

You will not know until you receive the check, or not. I can't speculate on the possibility that the check is going to be sent to you, and paid to your order.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

we paid our insurance via escrow on our vacated house up until the insurance would not cover it any longer due to the fact it was vacated. the insurance company sent us the check. i called them, and said i need to return this check since the bank had an escrow account. they said NO, they put it in the fees, and other expenses when they foreclose, so you are getting charged for it otherwise the bank gets paid twice...! ok and wow thank you it was like 900.00.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We also were sent the insurance refund, although mortgage company was paying it for us.

Comment

I got the prorated refund as well. It was a nice $400 surprise.

Comment

I got one too...just put it into savings in case someone comes looking for it....
            CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
            Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X