REFUNDS being Issued by Rust Consulting?? for the OCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REFUNDS being Issued by Rust Consulting?? for the OCC

Any one else get one of these postcards???

i called the OCC they say they are real???

i get a check from the government because of the foreclosure that chase never completed? b of a wells fargo, citi, 13 of them paying out.

can't wait to get my check for $2.00

it says if you accept the check you can still sue as this is a payment just because they screwed you LOL!! can't wait to get it. anyway, called, they said our mortgage was one of the one's that was not treated correctly, that's all they are saying.

i just can't think of enough ways that i can spend that $2.00 .Rust Consulting says it's their way of saying they are sorry for throwing me out of our house...ok. we'll see

<-------------NOT holding my breath!

but checked i did check it out at

occ.trea.gov
    federalreseve.gov

we'll see.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

I have a check for $0.01 from Verizon that I will hang proudly on my wall... as soon as I can find a frame that is less than $1. Maybe someone should get the media concerned about the $2 apologies!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We got the postcard too from Rust Consulting. I called the number and also checked on the websites they recommended to check. If you get a postcard you will get a check. The checks will be from a couple of hundred dollars to a max of $125K. You can check this website in a couple of weeks for details of compensation amounts: www.federalreserve.gov or www.occ.gov. $3.6 billion allocated for settlement payments to 4.2 million homeowners, if it were a equal distribution it would be $857 per homeowner. Of course they have their own formula they will be using to determine individual comp checks.
      Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
      Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
      DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

heheyyyyyy Toby626!! so nice to see you! so it's true. we are getting the $2.00 then.

ok jb i will split my $2 bucks with you PLUS an invite for the holidays, the only thing i do better than type is cook LOL!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We got one, a few days ago. We threw it away. We will take a check.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

lol!!! as long as it has a disclaimer that we can still go after the bank. because we may have a case pending, which i really don't want to do. but we may have one and the atty at least can make some money.

commonnnnnnnn....floridagail YOU AND ME deserve the 125k!!!!!! you too Toby!
            Last edited by tobee43; 03-28-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

You got that right, I want the 125K.
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

ok the FIRST one that gets the 125k LUNCH is on them in PARIS!!!!! LOL!!!! just can't wait for the shock of all.

Comment

We were shocked when we reread the card like 10 Times! And after calling the number and checking out the websites, then we finally believed we'll be getting something. We have moved on to, just sucks how so many people lost their homes that no amount of money can really compensate for the actual monetary losses and heartache, stress etc. caused by this housing crash. Hi, Tobee good to see you still here too!
                  DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

Keep in mind that there are categories that include the bank slap on the hand (penalty) plus the equity lost by the home owner. So these seem like they may vary wildly.
                    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

what we are going on is 5 years. we would told by different attys one to walk the other stay and not pay. we just couldn't with good conscience stay, nor afford is as our main reason to take the NOD which an summons should have arrived before seeing this is judcial sat
                      i know one atty said why the heck did leave. well because we just could take the stress and when we started the HAMP which was a brand new program at the time.

so they do all these summons and says fight it our get out basically. i know we were in judicial state. i know many that stayed. it a way while it was a blessing to some degree, i really resent them threating the foreclosure with no intent to foreclose.

so what i'm wondering since i am one of millions if that will help with a suit against chase for us. the admission again, just from what saw was beteen 2009-2010, although i'm not certain.

slidge i really do wonder how the going to go about dong that. i know chase took assignment of the mortgage but was the server but purchased the mortgage at al later time. i know it doesn' mean anything to the fact they didn't file it. it's legal in nj, but what i'm wondering is how can any town, city or state come after the ower when the banks made they believe they were going to get thrown at, quicker times in some states i know. but the bottom line to us, is if we didn't have all these situation hit us at once, we might have stayed. we simply were never given the option

what is curious is how are the RUST people going to decide who gets what we lost over or are they, (as of today $250k) it went down again i think it was a few days ago it was 200k underwater. because we left and no longer were sub pumping due to the heavy rains and stone, i think they will have to knock it down. it better not be at my expense, shoot, like i said the state, county and township can move for a forecloser IF chase would just stop paying the taxes.

spidge what impact would you think would happen or how do you think it effect the outcome?

Comment

Ok, so there are 2 different things going on here, both of which you could be getting post cards from Rust...

First the National Mortgage Settlement. To be included in this you would have had to have been sent a claim form for the national mortgage settlement and returned it, it had a few simple checkbox type questions. The checks for this will be an EVEN distribution of the allocated $1.5 billion between all approved claims ( the minimum you will receive is $840 but it has been determined that it will be MORE than that as not everyone that could have submitted a claim did submit one, the exact amount has not been determined yet ).

Second is the "Independent Foreclosure Review". This is separate from the National Mortgage Settlement. To be included in this you would have had to have sent a "request for review" form prior to the end of last year. Based on this review you could receive anywhere from hundreds to $125k depending on the particulars of your situation (out of a total pool of $3.3 Billion in cash payments and $5.2 billion in Mortgage Assistance).
                        Last edited by goon; 03-29-2013, 01:22 AM. Reason: Clarify some things

Comment

Sorry for any confusion, I just re-wrote my above post after I realized that Rust Consulting is handling both the "Independent Foreclosure Review" and the "National Mortgage Settlement" (I originally thought Rust was only handling the National Mortgage Settlement). I just re-wrote it to clarify that you could be getting postcards from Rust for either piece.

Comment

I just know that our home lost two thirds of it's value. We had it appraised in 2002 and still have the appraisal papers. The market value at the time of our foreclosure, was lower than what we paid for it in 1992. The realtor that was handling the sale of our home for the bank told us that the bank will sell our house for next to nothing. What an absolute waste. Our mortgage was so underwater. And the solution that could have helped so many stay in their homes by reducing the mortgage balance to reflect the actual market value, a real solution to help people keep their homes, wouldn't even be considered by these institutions. Look at what Tobee is going through five years later and still a cluster fark!
                            DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

Goon, I did not read it up that way, but I will take a closer look. I thought that all prior efforts have been tossed with this new settlement becoming the easier way out for the banks and better ensuring people get something out of it as soon as possible. Remember that individuals can proceed with their own court related efforts.
                              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X