Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ValleYum: Nice!

Comment

FINALLY - our DIL has been filed with the County.

I sent an e-mail to Jamie Dimon (President of JP Morgan Chase) at the beginning of October because the progress had ground to a standstill and I was frustrated. I received a phone call from an Executive Action Team Member ( aka: Chase rep) THAT VERY DAY to let us know she was checking on our situation. I don't know if that actually helped the deed to get recorded faster as the local attorneys we were dealing with had to send it back to Chase for signatures and were waiting on them... but it got done!!!

YAY!!

It was a fairly efficient process until the paperwork went from the local attorney back to Chase for their signatures, but all-in-all it was fairly painless.

Again, bear in mind that we had a clear title, no 2nd mortgage or HELOC and the house was vacant and in good condition. We did not have to provide any financials, meet with realtors, etc. at all. We did not ask for Cash for Keys nor did they offer it. We just wanted off the hook in all ways! Soooooooo, I JUST paid the last water and HOA bill on the 'Albatross' this month!! WOOT WOOT!!
      • Last payment 09/30/2010
      • BK Discharge 03/16/2011
      • Attempted Numerous Loan Modifications/Negotiations - the best offer from Chase was a reduction in former payment of $50 and back to 30 years.. Ummmm, no thanks!
      • Moved Out of House 10/08/2012
      • Began DIL Process 05/2013
      • DIL Recorded with County Courthouse 10/09/2013
      Last edited by ValleYum; 10-22-2013, 07:36 PM. Reason: I had a dumb. LOL
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats on the successful DIL...no easy accomplishment to say the least...

Comment

Hi ValleYum,
          We have also been approved for a DIL with Chase and are in the waiting game for their legal department to review the paperwork. Then the docs need to be signed by them and only then will they be recorded with the county. I see yours took 5 months for them to complete. We signed the DIL docs that they sent us and they were received back in their office on 9/24/13. We were told that the process would take 3-4 weeks...we are still waiting. We have now been in contact with our state senator's office and they have been getting the same runaround as us - "this is a new process...it will take a bit longer...".
          If you don't mind my asking, what was the email that you sent to Jamie Dimon's office. Perhaps I could have the same result as you.
          Thanks,
          Freedom2us13

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2us13 View Post
            Hi ValleYum,
            We have also been approved for a DIL with Chase and are in the waiting game for their legal department to review the paperwork. Then the docs need to be signed by them and only then will they be recorded with the county. I see yours took 5 months for them to complete. We signed the DIL docs that they sent us and they were received back in their office on 9/24/13. We were told that the process would take 3-4 weeks...we are still waiting. We have now been in contact with our state senator's office and they have been getting the same runaround as us - "this is a new process...it will take a bit longer...".
            If you don't mind my asking, what was the email that you sent to Jamie Dimon's office. Perhaps I could have the same result as you.
            Thanks,
            Freedom2us13
            Hello Freedom!!!

Waiting for this to just be done is soooo frustrating, isn't it? As I mentioned above, I received a telephone call back the same day I emailed them (sent at 5am PDT and called by Chase at 1pm PDT).

FYI, the email address was correct for Chase's CEO as of the date I sent it. I put extra spaces in it to break the link so remember to remove them and to change any dates or information to suit your specific situation.

This is basically the email (minus the personal info):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TO: jamie.dimon @jpmchase. com

SUBJECT: Assistance With the Chase Deed-in-Lieu Program

Dear Sir:

Regarding Chase Loan Number: XXXXX Property Address: XXXXXXXX

We are writing to get your assistance in finalizing our Deed-in-Lieu with JP Morgan Chase Bank.

We moved out of the above-referenced home in October 2012. The house is sitting empty in a lovely neighborhood where comparable homes are selling almost immediately for the current market price. We are very underwater on this mortgage and tried unsuccessfully to modify it through the CHAMP Program during the summer of 2012.

We are no longer interested in a modification nor do we wish to attempt a short sale as we have told every Chase representative who called us regarding this loan. FYI, we extinguished the underlying debt on this mortgage when we received a Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge in March 2011.

We applied for the Deed in Lieu program in May 2013, were approved by Chase in June 2013 and returned notarized documents to Chase’s local counsel in July 2013.

We have heard NOTHING since then. When we call, no one can seem to give us any clear information on the status at any of the Chase contact numbers we have. The law firm has no updated information either.

Per the XXXX County Tax Assessor's website, the home is still listed in our names.

All we want is the Deed-in-Lieu to be completed as promised so the house can be conveyed back to Chase. Anything you can do to expedite this process would be greatly appreciated. Our contact information is under our signatures below.

Sincerely,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this helps you! Good luck and let me know how it goes!!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Hi YalleYum,
              Your letter is great and is representative of our experience with Chase. I will keep you posted on our progress.
              Thank you again for your information and your encouragement!!
              Have a great Sunday,
              Freedom

Comment

If you had the home discharged prior to the DIL, did the DIL show up on your credit reports after it was complete?
                Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
                Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
                Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Comment

Dils show up just like foreclosures many times. Most people do not know that but really what is the difference after u file bk? DIL foreclosure surrender??? They all show up one way or another.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                    Dils show up just like foreclosures many times. Most people do not know that but really what is the difference after u file bk? DIL foreclosure surrender??? They all show up one way or another.

The problem is your getting a double ding on your CR for the same property. I wonder if there is a way to keep the DIL off.

Comment

In a recent thread, two BKforum members said that the foreclosures of their discharged mortgages were not on their credit reports. If their experience is typical, then the same should be true of a DIL. Even if it is on a credit report, if you apply for a mortgage in the future, the lender (or anybody else) can check public records and find your DIL or foreclosure. Those records will never disappear.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                        In a recent thread, two BKforum members said that the foreclosures of their discharged mortgages were not on their credit reports. If their experience is typical, then the same should be true of a DIL. Even if it is on a credit report, if you apply for a mortgage in the future, the lender (or anybody else) can check public records and find your DIL or foreclosure. Those records will never disappear.
                        Right, but I am not worried about that. I refirmed my primary home and will not be moving anytime soon. I am more worried about the hit my credit reports will take if the DIL shows up on top of the IIB for the same property.

Comment

Valleyum,
                          did you leave right after you were discharged? was the house included in the bk?
                          Retained attorney 4/21/2009 Monday
                          Filed Ch 7, 4/30/2009 No Asset case, Under median.
                          341 Meeting 6/9/2009 - went well.
                          Discharged 8/9/2009, Closed 8/11/2009

Comment

Originally posted by sadandconfus View Post
                            Valleyum,
                            did you leave right after you were discharged? was the house included in the bk?
                            Hi sadandconfus.

We had selected 'Other' on our BK petition as we were in discussions for a modification.

We were discharged in March 2011 and moved out in October 2012. It sat empty until Chase accepted our DIL in October 2013. I just looked our house up last week and found it was listed for sale via a realtor in late december and was under contract 1 month later. They sold it for about $120,000 less than we owed.

I hope this info helped you!

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyGuy View Post
                              Right, but I am not worried about that. I refirmed my primary home and will not be moving anytime soon. I am more worried about the hit my credit reports will take if the DIL shows up on top of the IIB for the same property.
                              No double ding here. Just the BK showed up for us.

Sorry for not answering you sooner, PhillyGuy.

Comment

Valle, just keep watching carefully. also, when and if you go to buy another home when they do the search on you they find it like a standing judgement.

we had one that showed up, which dropped off i think about 3 months ago because it was 7 years old. we did that DIL prior to filing. i would also make certain that if it doesn't show up, that you are no where sitting on the governments caviars list with number
                                and a date. for us that was a "good" thing since we never had a foreclosure or DIL on our "main" property. at least the cavars number gives one a date they can begin to re-apply for a mortgage, if they chose.

i'm SO HAPPY this is finally DONE for you!!! whoppeeeeeeee and such a big step forward!
                                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X