Final Judicial Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Judicial Report

Could someone please tell me what this is? I've been following our clerk of courts website on my foreclosure and this is listed as one of five actions in one day regarding my case!

By the way, I just received notice from Chase that they've been notified that the property is vacant. DUH! What was their first clue??

It appears to be a document necessary for a Motion for Summary Judgment, Summary Judgment or Judgment in a foreclosure lawsuit in Ohio. Does that docket also have a Motion for Summary Judgment? It appears the foreclosure is moving along.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      It appears to be a document necessary for a Motion for Summary Judgment, Summary Judgment or Judgment in a foreclosure lawsuit in Ohio. Does that docket also have a Motion for Summary Judgment? It appears the foreclosure is moving along.
      Well, here are the five things listed on the case history:

7/18/13 - Certificate of Service and Notice Pursuant to local rules 17(A) and 11 (i)

7/18/13 - Notice of Filing Affidavit

7/18/13 - Affidavit Regarding Military Status

7/18/13 - Notice of Filing Final Judicial Report

7/18/13 - Plaintiff's Motion for Default Judgement

I'm just wondering how close they are to taking posession of the house. Hopefully, that will mean it won't be in my name for much longer. I can dream, can't I??

Comment

Originally posted by ohheckno View Post
        7/18/13 - Plaintiff's Motion for Default Judgement
        That's the one that I was looking for. Seems that it's moving along! I do not know how long from the Order of Final Judgment (after the Motion for Default is granted) and the sale will take. Also, I don't recall if you have a redemption period in Ohio. But, at least it is moving along!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's the one that I was looking for. Seems that it's moving along! I do not know how long from the Order of Final Judgment (after the Motion for Default is granted) and the sale will take. Also, I don't recall if you have a redemption period in Ohio. But, at least it is moving along!
          See, I have NO idea what any of these terms mean. . . it's all Greek to me! But I'm hoping that the house is out of my name by the end of the year so i can move all with my life! I'd at least like to know if these are good or bad things going on in the couirthouse??

Comment

Motion for Default Judgment means that you did not respond to the foreclosure (lawsuit) and that they want the Judge to issue a "judgment of foreclosure". That judgment of foreclosure allows them to set a sale and to sell the property... thereby "foreclosing" the mortgage. That judgment of foreclosure is basically an "Order" from the court indicating that they may proceed with the actual foreclosure/sale.

Redemption would means that even after foreclosure, you would have some time in order to bring the note current and keep the property. I looked, and Ohio does not have a redemption period, so as soon as the Sheriff sells the property at auction, the foreclosure is considered complete and the home would be "legally" out of your name without a few days of the sale.

Comment

Motion for Default Judgment means that you did not respond to the foreclosure (lawsuit) and that they want the Judge to issue a "judgment of foreclosure". That judgment of foreclosure allows them to set a sale and to sell the property... thereby "foreclosing" the mortgage. That judgment of foreclosure is basically an "Order" from the court indicating that they may proceed with the actual foreclosure/sale.

Redemption would means that even after foreclosure, you would have some time in order to bring the note current and keep the property. I looked, and Ohio does not have a redemption period, so as soon as the Sheriff sells the property at auction, the foreclosure is considered complete and the home would be "legally" out of your name without a few days of the sale.
              The house needs a lot of work, particularly on the inside. A lot of it is cosmetic, although the furnace died on us in October last year. I saw no sense in getting it repaired since we planned to leave anyway. We tolerated a VERY cold three months before we moved out. I'm wondering how all the work the house needs will effect its sale. Could be a fixer-upper for someone?? Otherwise I'd hate to see it sit there for a long time and deteriorate further. How does all that work, do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ohheckno View Post
                The house needs a lot of work, particularly on the inside. A lot of it is cosmetic, although the furnace died on us in October last year. I saw no sense in getting it repaired since we planned to leave anyway. We tolerated a VERY cold three months before we moved out. I'm wondering how all the work the house needs will effect its sale. Could be a fixer-upper for someone?? Otherwise I'd hate to see it sit there for a long time and deteriorate further. How does all that work, do you know?
                P. S. There are so many things that need fixing that I knew the place was a money pit and I'd never get back what I'd invested in it.

Comment

The house will go up for action and sold in "as-is" condition. Buyers at auction usually don't know much about the condition of a home. That's the trade off of getting the property at below market value as is usually the case in a foreclosure auction.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                    The house will go up for action and sold in "as-is" condition. Buyers at auction usually don't know much about the condition of a home. That's the trade off of getting the property at below market value as is usually the case in a foreclosure auction.
                    Awesome! It's sad that I'm that excited about the foreclosure, although it's more of a burden than it's worth. Our health isn't that great either, so our lives are easier in the great apartment we found!

Today, I received another bundle of documents from the court. On the front page, it says, "The plaintiff acknowledges that all personal obligations of (me) on the promisory note that is the subject of this foreclosure action have been discharged under the US Bankruptcy Code. As a result, plaintiff does not seek personal judgement against said defendant but rather seeks only a finding of default on the note and an order and decree of foreclosure."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X