I need advice about check system!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice about check system!

I was going to file bk, in June, My atty felt that I should wait until July. I need to keep my home & have to prove that I will have the income to do this in a ch 13.

My bank accounts were levied. Chase paid 260.00 in bounced checks , when this happened. My atty said don't worry about it, it would be squashed in BK.

Chase called me yesterday and said that after 42 days I will be reported to the check system...

I have to be able to write checks & open checking accounts.

Should I just suck up and pay the 260.00? Not to be in the checks system?

I am trying to hold on to every penny I have, in my case, if my 13 has to be converted to a 7. 260.00 is a lot of $ for me @ this time.

I don' t have any extra $.

If I have to, I will pay the 260.00.

Should I pay & since the accounts were levied, is this the same thing as bouncing a check?

I have to be able to write checks,

Any advice?
    Last edited by jtallerie; 07-04-2010, 09:41 PM. Reason: type

Originally posted by jtallerie View Post
    I was going to file bk, in June, My atty felt that I should wait until July. ... Chase called me yesterday and said that after 42 days I will be reported to the check system...
    First, it's the CHEX Systems, Inc. that Chase is threatening to report you to.

If you are planning to file in July, it's July now. You'll file bankruptcy and include the overdraws before 42 more days pass. Chase won't be able to do a thing about the overdrafts after you file. Your lawyer is right to tell you not to worry about this.

Under no circumstances should you pay Chase a dime without talking to your lawyer first. That's why you are paying him/her. Many filers have gotten themselves into all kinds of unexpected trouble by going around their lawyer to do something directly with a creditor before filing.

Don't do something foolish out of fear without having all the facts first. Talk to your lawyer about your worries. You are going to find out that you have nothing to worry about.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by jtallerie View Post
      Chase called me yesterday and said that after 42 days I will be reported to the check system...

I have to be able to write checks & open checking accounts.
      Go ahead and open another checking account before you're reported to Chex Systems. Once you have an account, you won't be shut down unless you bounce a lot of checks or are not a good customer.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Good advice from frogger, which is what I did. I opened accounts at 2 different "new" banks. Also, once you file (and or receive a discharge in) your bankruptcy, you can notify Chex Systems and they'll remove the entries.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you, I did not know that if this is reported to the chex system that you can have it removed! I am doing a ch 13, can it still be removed?

One of the accounts that was levied belongs to my minor daughter. She is starting College in August. I do not want her to be in the Chex System, I am very worried about it. I am waiting to hear back from my atty, about this. Since it is a Holiday I guess I will have to wait on pins & needles.

I just cant wait for this bk thing to be done with already. Not knowing what is going to happen to your family is the worst thing about this mess. I appreciate you guys answering me back.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X