Where are all the olde tymers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the olde tymers?

I was stepping through my friends list with all the great new friends I have made recently. So many more folks have joined since we did some time ago.

I noted how many of my old friends are not showing up any more.

I am going to make a list of those I befriended and can no longer find. I will color code mine blue. Won't you join me in simply adding your list of additional folks we miss? Perhaps some may check back in and let us know how they are doing at this time.

feelingnutsy
    TEW
    FreshLikeADaisy
    music12
    ace13
    Bandit
    BankruptPinoy
    BKDefender
    Cali
    CCA1984
    DeadManCrawling
    despritfreya
    dingdong
    Genenco
    Help!
    JimKutkowski
    Lajazz947
    LuciluS
    Martha31
    music12
    NowImDownInIt
    OhioFiler
    ready2puke
    tinfoilhat
    whipster1

Please add old friends you have missed. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

where is HHM, frogger, SMinGA, NoTomatoCan ???

all I can think of currently...

Comment

Hub,

I am still around, though not posting anywhere near as often, of course. I have less time these days, and with BK in the rearview mirror, less inclination to post. A new guard has emerged and seems to be keeping things in fairly good order, with information and help for those who need it. And also maintaining, mostly, the spirit of kindness this place seemed built on.

I will occasionally post and be around, but the old days, for me, are over. It is a strange thing, to look back fondly on my heavy interaction with a bankruptcy forum and all its members, but I do.

I will be here, and will look for you from time to time.

All my best to you and Angelina,

-DMC
      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Hey 'Hub!

I still come in occasionally. Sometimes I'm gone for a little bit, but I always reappear. Honestly, from time to time I forget that I'm in a BK. Then I miss all of you and your witty ways. Thankfully, work is busy. Kids are growing. My daughter (the one I found out I was pregnant with 2 weeks after filing) is now 18 months old and a handful. My son just had his 4th birthday and is in soccer. Most days life is good.

How've you been?
        Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
        Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
        60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

BigBoy - He was a prolific poster that had a lot of information about Collections from his perspective as an ex-repo man. When he left all his posts went with him. Was he banned or did he leave on his own accord?
          “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I like the way you spelled it, "Olde Tymers" clever, I'd say. I wish BKDefender was still posting here - he was a great resource.

Comment

Several of the posters mentioned have been banned.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Why would they have been banned?
                --------------------------------------------
                As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Wantmypeace View Post
                  Why would they have been banned?
                  Thanks to those who checked in. Remember, your experience does not go out of date. Sure could use it. Many more here to service these days.

About why banned? Well, people are people. I have to bite my tongue some times like many of us. Some get thinned skinned or just can't walk away and that is when the thread loses it's value, degrades into a flame mail, and tempers fly. After a warning or two, if they cannot contain themselves or if one of the two (or more) will not contain themselves sometimes both are banned for days or permanently.

Vulgarity or personal attacks are not allowed and I note usually are the breaking straw. Since this forum went down I note that not all the thread rules have been reestablished so it is hard to point a violator to the rules when they are temporarily missing. I am certain LAZ is addressing this, but as a former forum owner, it is not a small job. Takes time and with the new upgrade, I am sure he is learning too.

So I hope that answers sufficiently. I too miss some that were banned as in 99% good posts one post of a very bad thing depending on what it was, could cause this board some real problems both legally and in value. I'm not pointing any fingers as I was once warned myself and begged for a reprieve of a three day suspension. So, we who have no sin, cast that stone? LOL. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I miss the following folks...

BKDefender

NoTomatoCan (who helped me out enormously)

Tobee43 (who has been so amazing)
                    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I mist "JustFileSuit". I purposely called him "SoSueMe".
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
                        I miss the following folks...

BKDefender

NoTomatoCan (who helped me out enormously)

Tobee43 (who has been so amazing)
                        Tobee43 was here most of the week. My guess is she is just out of town for a couple of days..... Hub, a lot of the people on your list still post regularly.
                        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

SMinGA is missed by me! I hope everything is ok with her
                          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

im still checking your site from time to time... ive given up on bk for the time being...my lawyer has closed my case and said that if i decide to open it again and take a chap 13, then we could proceed ..its been 2 years and just the jdb still call from time to time...
                            i recieved a lot of good advice on this site....i will continue to check in on occasion...
                            "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

BigBoy had a lot to offer. he certainly did not mince words, and I learned a great deal from his experience.

Not long after I joined there was a poster, Catchmeifyoucan. (I think that was it.) A pretty prolific gambler, but full of great advice for a newcomer like me.

I also remember Bandit.

I appreciate those who stay on, BK or not. I have still not filed after 4 years, but I have seen the collections post grow as the system began to implode in 2008. I still have a great deal to learn. It is hard to beat real-life experiences of others.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X