X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw it was called hummingbired credit
    9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
    10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
    12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
    1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

yes hummingbird credit was one of the cheaper ones...but my attorney said that they had a tendancy to be slow at sending your certificate.....
      how was your experience?!

Comment

I used CCCS of Atlanta online last Wednesday.

The same one SinkingFast used. My session was quite short, actually less than an hour. I already had my expenses list prepared for my attorney plus they can import most of your creditors and info from your credit report with your social security number and a "proof of identity" question. The $50 fee came right out of my checking account and the completed certificate was sent via email to my attorney and to me in 24 hours.
        August '05 Business failed.
        Spring '06 Found this site, thank heavens
        Chap 7 (no asset) filed 11/10/06; 341:1/31/07
        disharged 2/26; closed 4/17/07

Comment

Originally posted by CAB_44
          yes hummingbird credit was one of the cheaper ones...but my attorney said that they had a tendancy to be slow at sending your certificate.....
          how was your experience?!
          We used Hummingbird Credit Counseling and Education before we filed too. We finished the online part on a Sunday (took about an hour), made the toll-free call to speak with the reviewer on Monday morning (took 15 minutes), and our lawyer had our certificates by Weds.

The two approved online required counseling websites that are consistently mentioned the most favorably online in bk forums and blogs are Hummingbird at http://www.hummingbirdcreditcounseling.org/ and CCCSAtlanta at http://www.cccsatl.org/index.asp?_me...md=bankCounsel .
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

we were never required to do a on the phone session. Once I printed off my certificate from the internet...that was it. It took me about an hour to put everything in, then instantly I printed my certificate. Took it to my lawyer and he didn't ask for anything else. Did I miss sometime I was suppose to do?
            12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?

Comment

Originally posted by InLimbo
              we were never required to do a on the phone session. Once I printed off my certificate from the internet...that was it. It took me about an hour to put everything in, then instantly I printed my certificate. Took it to my lawyer and he didn't ask for anything else. Did I miss sometime I was suppose to do?
              No worries, InLimbo. Pre-filing bk credit counseling agencies can do things differently. As long as the organization you used is on the Dept of Justice's US Trustee Program list of approved agencies for your state, you're fine. To check - here's the link, just click on your state: http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/cc_approved.htm .
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED

Comment

Thanks so much Irprn! I will note down to ask my lawyer about this before we file just to make sure.

Comment

So, what do the credit counselling companies do with the info??

So, I'm just curious here... What exactly do all these credit counselling agencies do with all this private financial info you're sending them? Do they sell their client lists to marketers or these "You're Pre-Qualified!" credit card marketing companies?

I'm having some hesitation giving out this kind of personal info...
                  09/13/06: -- C13 filed with Courts
                  12/04/06: -- Plan confirmed!
                  Payments left: -- 38

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                    You have to do Credit Counseling before filing BK.

After you file, and before you're dischaged, you have to do Debtor Education Classes.

You can find DOJ approved agencies here:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/

Right hand side. Bankruptcy Reform Box. Second line.
                    I received a letter that says before discharge is complete, I have to take Debtor Education post BK class. After I take this class and receive the certificate from Fresh Start Debtor Education, I took the first one down there to lawyers with my petition, however can I mail this in or should I just go back to the bankruptcy Clerks office and turn it in personally? and after that, will I only be waiting for a discharge or is there something else after the class and the discharge of all debts?

Comment

If a married couple file together, do you both have to have separate credit counseling phone sessions?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                        If a married couple file together, do you both have to have separate credit counseling phone sessions?
                        You each need to complete the credit counseling and get a certificate before filing, but most approved agencies offer joint sessions where you both listen in and participate during the call at the same time and charge one joint fee (usually around $50).

Same deal for the required finacial management course after filing but before discharge.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED

Comment

My first session was all online. I didn't have to talk to anybody and it seemed like it went by pretty fast. I only had 1 wrong on the pretest (probably owing to all my reading about BK )
                          I'm waiting until after my 341 to do the 2nd session. I've heard that it's longer and probably more useful than the first.
                          Filed Chapter 7 pro se- 7/24/07
                          341 Meeting - 9/13/07 Done!
                          Last day for objections - 11/12/07
                          Discharged!!!! -11/26/07

Comment

I just finished my second course about a week ago, my lawyer recommended this one:
                            This website is for sale! hummingbirdcreditcounseling.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hummingbirdcreditcounseling.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Just because it charges less than the others, only $19 where most are $50. You can pay by credit/debit card, or pay pal.

I actually got more out of it that I expected. It was all online, you watch a video and look for 5 code words to prove you watched it, then take the test and you're done. Took a little over an hour.

You're supposed to choose to get your certificate by email, fax, or snail mail. I put in both email and snail mail addresses and they sent both.
                            Filed Chapter 7: 07-31-2007 :clapping:
                            341 meeting: 08-30-2007 :yahoo:
                            Last Day for Objections: 10-29-2007 :unsure:
                            Discharged & Closed: 10-30-2007 :yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X