top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions on what I can do after 341 meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on what I can do after 341 meeting?

I had my 341 meeting on 10/16 and Pacer was updated a no assets case, etc... all looks good to be discharged in 60 days.

I am currently unemployed and had an interview last week and could possibly have an offer this week if all goes well. If I take a job now will that interfere with anything? I'm a bit nervous that it could, but wanted your thoughts and opinions.

Also, I have not had a checking/savings account and was going to be added onto my wife's account soon but wondered if that would even be an option after/during BK? She did not file, just me as we had nothing joint. Her bank is a credit union as well.

Thank-you in advance!

That's an interesting situation. If you are truly a "no asset" case and you are past your 341a meeting of the creditors, you should be able to relax and wait for your discharge. If you win the lottery for a huge amount or inherit a significant amount with 6 months of your discharge, there are rules that you are bound by under bankruptcy law, but finding a job while waiting for discharge does not change your status. I suppose you could petition the court to modify the Chapter 7 to a Chapter 13 if your earnings will permit it, but you don't get any points or better credit for being a hero.

Bankruptcy is not an issue with most banking institutions. You can essentially do whatever you want in that respect.

Comment

Post petition wages are not property of a Chapter 7 Estate. You can earn a living and move on with your life.

Thinking positive thoughts for that job offer.

Des.

Comment

You are post-341 Meeting with an "no asset" declaration. You can accept a job offer and begin working. You can open a checking account if you want to. Nothing prevents you from doing these things.

The thing I would caution against is selling any assets, and obtaining any new credit. You should being your fresh start by accepting that new job and getting a new checking account.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X