top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unresponsive attorney - should I get a new one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was like you well now what. I thought EVERYTHING was a major crisis learn it wasn't, listen to the above posters they helped me a lot to stay calm and relaxed after I go crazy what I perceived was a major issue.

Pam

Comment

I was frustrated with my attorney's secretary - if it hadn't been for the folks on this forum and the Nolo book, I would have flown into a crazy rage! I ended up correcting her paperwork 3 times! My attorney said to me, "my, you are very thorough"! Ya think? Too bad his secretary was not!! However, with the support found here everything went smoothly and a great weight lifted from my shoulders. Hang in there!!

Comment

LadyInTheRed:Paralegals often are more detail oriented than attorneys and can be better at sorting through adn organizing all of the information you will provide. You may even find the paralegal to be more calm and more pleasant to deal with. Paralegals can be as knowledgeable as some attorneys and often help train new attorneys. As long as the attorney is available to answer questions that the paralegal can't, or to confirm what the paralegal tells you if you are not comfortable with a paralegal's answer, you should welcome the involvement of a paralegal.
        lady, i very much agree with you on this. i didn't want to imply that paralegals are not the best thing that ever happened to a law firm i considered them as the backbone of the firm. like me or you, but there are some terrible ones out there as well like in any field. your in ca, where things are just more "right", unfortunate to say it's not all over this county, of course i consider myself one of the ones you are speaking about ROFL! you too, of course

actually here in the florida, we now can get special certifications to go into court and actually ague at certain levels. i never heard of this, but the atty i'm doing work for now said she's willing to pay for me to sit. they still don't allow that in calif., right lady?, i know they didn't in nj.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Toobee43, you are right that there are lousy paralegals out there. Believe it or not, some of them are actually in California!

No, we still can`t appear in court. There have been suggestions in the legal community that it may be appropriate in more procedural areas of the law.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Wellnowwhat, I felt the same way you did when my atty started not getting back to me as quickly as in the past. Turns out there was someone who left the practice which made everyone else busier. Folks here helped me see my atty was still a good one even though I was frustrated. I also was highly anxious and emailed my atty a lot of questions. Trust your atty and if he said its an easy Ch 7, believe him.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              Toobee43, you are right that there are lousy paralegals out there. Believe it or not, some of them are actually in California!

No, we still can`t appear in court. There have been suggestions in the legal community that it may be appropriate in more procedural areas of the law.
              lol! yes, i know. however, calif. is usually a "leader' in sending trends in both the law and other social issues. (perfect example was the NO smoking laws), they took a while originated in calif. and now are almost all over the world!

i am giving it some thought to sit for the examine, but from i heard it's almost as difficult as the actual bar. i don't know if i'm ready to go through that at this point in my life.

good paralegals will follow up where their bosses sometime lack, i.e. communication with the clients
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Sometimes, not even the paralegal needs to follow up, but a GOOD Office Manager. That person should be able to call the client with some kind of reassuring message.

I guess it is too much to pay for such a person...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X