How to get list of debts included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get list of debts included?

Good evening. I filed chapter 7 several years ago and it was discharged. I am in the process of getting a mortgage and need to get a copy of my debts included to show that it included my mortgage. Where can I get a copy of this? Pacer?

Your mortgage should show on your credit report as IIB (included in bankruptcy). Additionally, you could provide the discharge order, but that doesn't tell you specifically which debts were discharged! You could go on PACER and get the Trustee's Report (Final Report of No Distribution in a no-asset case). That will typically include a statement of what amounts were discharged (but again, not specifically what was discharged!).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Your PACER account should have your original BK filing. You should be able to download a copy of your petition in PDF form to your hard drive. Be aware that you will be charged per page. I thank it is now ten cents per page.

Good wishes to you.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I tried to login to my pacer account (it has been several years) and I can't get in. It also won't e-mail me mypassword. I tried to create a new account and that didn't work either. Any suggestions? Literally, my house can close next week if I get this information. I know that it shows the information I need on my credit report but I guess there are several government computer programs that track government issued mortgages and one of them says the mortgage wasn't included so they need to see it was to override the program. Thanks everyone.

I don't know if this is allowed but would anyone be willing to pull the report and e-mail it to me? I could paypal the cost ahead of time. I am just excited to get into my own house again (I never thought it would happen).
        Last edited by lostinnola; 03-29-2014, 05:56 AM.

Comment

If you live close to the bankruptcy court, you could go there... but there is a charge... $0.10 a page to print things. Use of PACER at the courthouse is free. Some libraries have free PACER access as well.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You could call your attorney's office and ask them to email a copy to you.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X