PACER lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER lookup

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to use pacer to lookup a case by name not case number.

Geeznowwhat you just click Query in the upper left corner, and then type in the Last Name and First Name at a minimum. I would be careful because search results are NOT limited in how much they'll charge (for most queries, there's a 30-page, $3.00, maximum charge). This is why it's not recommended to search by name. If you do search by name, make sure you select "Party" in the dropdown list for "Type". This will limit the search only to persons named in the petition (the petitioners). You can further reduce the results (and therefore charges) by also putting in date ranges.

Best of luck to you! (If you can use a Free PACER Terminal at a public library, law library, or the U.S. Federal Courthouse, you should use that as a means to do research and perhaps save some money.)

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

First and last name gives me my case and my case only every time, but my name is not that common.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X