i need help with schedule F! Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help with schedule F! Please!

First off thanks in advance for any help!

Ok I am having some questions with schedule F.

My questions are as follows:

1. can i use the address from my credit report on the schedule F?

2. As I look at my credit report it says Citi bank balance $0 they wrote it off as a bad debt but they sold it to a collections service so my question is do i put Citi bank on there and if so for how much or do i put the collections service on there and for how much or do i put both on the schedule F?

3. Do i put my student loans even though they cant be discharged?

Any help would be great!

Thanks once again!

1. Yes, you can use those addresses.
    2. List Citibank as the original creditor and also list any CA the account has been with since.
    3. Yes, list your student loans. Make sure you state that they are student loans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
      1. Yes, you can use those addresses.
      2. List Citibank as the original creditor and also list any CA the account has been with since.
      3. Yes, list your student loans. Make sure you state that they are student loans.
      thanks for the reply...

so when i list citibank should i put the ca in the same line or use 2 different listings? and how do i do the amounts? as my credit report says citibank $0 is due because they wrote off my debts and then it lists the ca as the full amount i owe.

Comment

Originally posted by suthernkumfe View Post
        thanks for the reply...

so when i list citibank should i put the ca in the same line or use 2 different listings? and how do i do the amounts? as my credit report says citibank $0 is due because they wrote off my debts and then it lists the ca as the full amount i owe.
        Two different listings.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Don't put zero, put the amount that was originally owed to them.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Two different listings.
            ok so now how should i do the amounts? would i list the same amount for both or how should i do it? some else elsewhere told me maybe i should just list the original and then make an appendix and then list the collection agentcy. what do you think? or how should i do it?

Comment

ok so now how should i do the amounts? would i list the same amount for both or how should i do it? some else elsewhere told me maybe i should just list the original and then make an appendix and then list the collection agentcy. what do you think? or how should i do it?
              Okay... an example follows below. There is no appendix, you list everyone. This is to make sure the debt is discharged.

Account # XXXX2953
              Creditor A
              123 Main St
              Anytown, USA 10028

(Date Claim Incurred and Consideration...)
              January 2007
              Credit Card
              DUPLICATE

=================

Account # XXXX2953
              Collection Agency B
              Ref: Creditor A
              456 MLK Blvd.
              SomeCity, USA 90210

December 2007
              Collection Account
              DUPLICATE
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Okay... an example follows below. There is no appendix, you list everyone. This is to make sure the debt is discharged.

Account # XXXX2953
                Creditor A
                123 Main St
                Anytown, USA 10028

January 2007
                Credit Card
                DUPLICATE

=================

Account # XXXX2953
                Collection Agency B
                Ref: Creditor A
                456 MLK Blvd.
                SomeCity, USA 90210

December 2007
                Collection Account
                DUPLICATE

ok that clears things up for me...i just have to put DUPLICATE so they know it is the same as the other just a collections agentcy right? and i still put them all in aphabet order just make sure i put DUPLICATE on them right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
                  Don't put zero, put the amount that was originally owed to them.
                  ok thanks you are the best!

Comment

ok that clears things up for me...i just have to put DUPLICATE so they know it is the same as the other just a collections agentcy right? and i still put them all in aphabet order just make sure i put DUPLICATE on them right?
                    Yes. Yes.

Comment

Yes. Yes.
                      ok thanks a million times over...but i need to pick your brain on one more simple thing, in the total are of schedule f since i put the duplicates in i only add the amount of the original debt and not the dupicates to get to total right?

Comment

Personally, I kept all related entries grouped together instead of alphabetic order. I also left the claim amount blank for the collection agencies, so they did not affect the total. The other info I put in was essentially the same as described above.

As for the addresses on the credit report, I used them when I didn't have any other address. One of them turned out to be old and I got some mail returned to me, but I was able to update the address at the court without a charge.

Comment

ok thanks a million times over...but i need to pick your brain on one more simple thing, in the total are of schedule f since i put the duplicates in i only add the amount of the original debt and not the dupicates to get to total right?
                          JoeBankrupt makes a good suggestion. While duplication will cause errors in the math (duplications), I would leave one of them blank. Otherwise, you get that whole double-counting thing going.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBankrupt33 View Post
                            Personally, I kept all related entries grouped together instead of alphabetic order. I also left the claim amount blank for the collection agencies, so they did not affect the total. The other info I put in was essentially the same as described above.

As for the addresses on the credit report, I used them when I didn't have any other address. One of them turned out to be old and I got some mail returned to me, but I was able to update the address at the court without a charge.
                            JoeBankrupt makes a good suggestion. While duplication will cause errors in the math (duplications), I would leave one of them blank. Otherwise, you get that whole double-counting thing going.

thanks to both of you for the input i will take note and follow suit... so what about the instructions of alphabetic order? should i just put all of the original creditors alphabetic and then as i come across one that has a collections agentcy as well just throw it into the list?

Comment

I think so. All my creditors were in alphabetic order and all the collection agencies were listed below the original creditor. I never had any problems with it.

I did, however, list all of the creditors and collection agencies in alphabetic order on my creditors matrix.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X