top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Plan Modification Tale. (Or - "As The World Turns")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Plan Modification Tale. (Or - "As The World Turns")

How fast can circumstances change that can affect your Chapter 13?

I'm not laughing or crying - - just rolling my eyes and taking this here roller coaster ride, because you know - "this sh*t could only happen to me".

In the middle of August, I submitted a plan modification that my trustee likes and doesn't object to, based on my PRE-employment job income and expenses. Confirmation hearing for the modification is Oct. 6th.

On August 29th, I took the temp j-o-b from hell (4 months) that nearly tripled my projected monthly income for the remainder of the year, but was able to (hopefully) justify extra-ordinary dental expenses and will (hopefully) result in my plan payment remaining the same as proposed modification mentioned above.

I was required under my confirmation order to file my modified I and J within 30 days of obtaining new employment. Done and done timely, on 9/27. No word yet from the trustee on how or whether this development will affect or complicate the modification confirmation that is pending.

I did however, inform the trustee that the ONLY reason I took this j-o-b was to cover those dental expenses and that if he objected to that, I was going to quit this nonsense and go home. (Did I mention I went out of state for this? Oh, and did I mention that the reason I filed a modification in August was because the Trustee wouldn't grant me a brief delay in the August payment - - so that I could afford to GET out of state for this - - he MADE ME jump through the hoops of a plan modification? Did I mention that my modification, since he made me do it, reduced both my monthly payment and number of months!) Then, after I got here - - The hours and conditions and job description were simply unbelievably misrepresented, and I don't need or want to be putting up with this carp if I can't get my teeth fixed.

I no sooner got that I & J in the mail than I got sick. And I do mean, really sick. I have a disability that was in remission for the better part of the last year, (which prompted my confidence in taking on a trial/temporary full time work assignment, WITH my doctor's blessing) and the beast promptly symptomatically reared it's ugly head again. No doubt because I wasn't eating right or getting enough sleep because I was running my tushie off FIFTY hours/week. Oh, I AM going to be ok, because I threw down the emergency brakes. My doctor told me today to make an ADA request for reasonable accommodation to take that j-o-b down to part time hours so I don't end up in the hospital, and I did that right away as soon as I got home.

Needless to say, since that just happened TODAY, I haven't informed the trustee or the court yet, but I reckon I am going to have to figure out what the hours and pay are going to be reduced to, and do another I & J all over again, but probably not in time for the 10/6 hearing...

....that is, I guess, IF the I & J that I just sent in are even subject to any objection. Which it might not be. Mr. T. hasn't said anything yet. If there is no objection to what I just sent in, I might just leave it alone and not introduce Mr. T to this particular drama llama, and submit my new I & J on a more leisurely basis.

I'm really disappointed about not having the money for my complete dental treatment, which I had this income earmarked and planned for, and was actually really excited about. But I reckon I wouldn't have it anyway if I end up in the hospital, and have to pay that bill instead - - just never mind that little side trip is definitely not in my plan, bk or otherwise.

I guess I can still afford to get some of my dental work done, but will just have to wait a little longer on some of it. Not quite the end of the world as I know it.

Anyway....to be continued...

Things they don't teach you in Pro Se school:

1) The law "we" practice is Murphy's Law.
    2) Always have a Plan B.

Last edited by tigergem; 09-28-2010, 11:43 PM. Reason: cuz I wanted to.

I like the second one, the plan b. That is important. Sorry to read of your woes Tiger. I hope that this all works out.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

tiger...i'm also so sorry to hear about this.

shoot!! you can't even go to the bathroom without someone breathing down your neck...and all your trying to do is make your life better!!!

i can relate with your situation in many ways...we didn't have the money to replace the bones in my face...both sides needed to be filled with cadaver bones....now...what could i afford a dogs bones or peoples bones..and WHY am i in this situation. worse part for me...is they had to pull all and i mean all my teeth except the front to replace the upper jaw bones....and of course insurance paid part of their removal and decided it's cosmetic to put them back. i didn't want teeth to be pretty...i just thought maybe chewing food might be necessary. but then again what do i know?

all of our medical expenses drove us to our bk...but the lost of BOTH of our jobs..mine for being ill for over 2 years. very nice reward for over 15 years of work...(the law firm claimed they loved me but couldn't do their work without me either). nice...

let me be the first to invite you over to the chapter 7 clubhouse if you figure a way to unlock the key to the front door.

i have a plan "b"....go charge get all the medical work done....and then go for a 7...i mean what???? how can you work and make payments when your sick....how??? this really gets me going...again...i'm so sorry tiger..it's just we have been there and done that...just a bit differently than you. but my heart knows and understands really well what your dealing with.

feel better and it will get better...
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        I like the second one, the plan b. That is important. Sorry to read of your woes Tiger. I hope that this all works out.
        Please don't think this is a "woe is me" tale. Not at all. It's more of a "oh, that just figures" tale. Everything is going to be fine, as soon as all these shoes stop dropping.

Comment

Sheesh tiger... maybe you should change your ID to E.A. Poe? *okay sorry..but I had to.. wanted to make you smile*

Feel better soon!

Comment

Wow, tobee43, that is a lot to deal with. I'm sorry for your situation as well. *hug* Be well! That is what is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
              Sheesh tiger... maybe you should change your ID to E.A. Poe? *okay sorry..but I had to.. wanted to make you smile*

Feel better soon!
              Thanks, Pandora. I'll be fine. I tend to feel better when I take positive, definitive steps to deal proactively with the sh*t AS it hits the fan.

Comment

Tiger, I can understand your action approach to start feeling positive. My personal: See sh@t, see fan, see sh@t hit fan, blow up fan...no more fan for sh@t to hit....on to the next
                Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                  Wow, tobee43, that is a lot to deal with. I'm sorry for your situation as well. *hug* Be well! That is what is important.
                  thanks so much tiger...but ME U 2!!

and we think i'm DONE....my last surgery was sept 7th....and so far soooo good!! LOL and pd for...even better yet!

get yourself healthly do your teeth!!!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Best wishes for both of you! Things will get better. Hubby and I were also driven to bankruptcy due to disabilities; Hubby was diagnosed with cancer (lymphoma) in 1996 and diabetes in 1998. The cancer is in remission and that is a blessing! In 2005, I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the spine. With medications, I can still walk (which is much better than some other individuals that I encounter at the doctors' offices) so that too is a blessing! Things may look bleak for you at times, but trust me...just having the burden of all of the bills lifted from your shoulders will make you feel MUCH better!

Comment

Filed & Entered: 10/05/2010 Order Confirming Chapter 13 Plan As Modified

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                        Filed & Entered: 10/05/2010 Order Confirming Chapter 13 Plan As Modified
                        Congratulations. People don't know this, because Chapter 7 is the primary bankruptcy filed and discharged, but a Chapter 13 Plan modification is a real big deal. Especially for a pro se filer! Congratulations again!
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats tiger!! I understand this is quite a feat.
                          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Yes!!!!!!!!

Comment

It wasn't much more difficult to file an amended plan than to file the original plan. A little bit, maybe. But an amendment was clearly called for after the trustee filed his recommendation concerning claims, because so very much ($ amount) of my creditor's claims were disallowed. I forget how many thousands of dollars, but close to $30k. So my monthly payment is now less than $200.00 per month over the life of my plan, and I knocked 2 months off the end of it, and that makes me pretty happy.

I was really worried about the income increase, but he did not argue my dental expenses AT ALL. Didn't even mention them in fact! So this is me - - doing a little happy dance.

Also, I am now in my 11th month! Next month I will celebrate one year of a successful chapter 13~

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X