Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family of Four Found Dead in Florida Home

June 15, 2009

Two elementary school aged children and their parents were found dead in a gated community outside Orlando in what authorities believe was a murder suicide.

Police believe the triple murder and suicide may have taken place several days earlier, but the bodies were found Monday.

Seminole County Sheriff's Office spokesman Capt. Dennis Lemma says a cleaning woman called authorities after she arrived at the home Monday in the suburb of Heathrow and spotted one body.

Once deputies arrived, they found three other bodies, the Associated Press reported.

Police believe the husband killed his wife and two children, MyFOXOrlando reported.

The husband had recently filed for bankruptcy and the family was having other financial problems, the station reported.

Lemma refused to say how the victims died or where their bodies were found in the house.

"This is a family who was well-known in the neighborhood," Lemma said. "With children that age, in a residential community like this, a lot of the kids played together and went to school together."

Police haven't released the names of the victim, but said the children were aged between 10 and 13.

Source:
    Fox News

I hope this wasn't anyone that has visited our forums, how sad .
    Last edited by Flamingo; 06-15-2009, 05:12 PM. Reason: To conform with forum posting rules - OP PLEASE REVIEW POSTING RULES; 2ND NOTICE
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

That's terrible.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I know of 2 suicides in my area with-in the last 2 weeks. One of those I'm certain of was financially related. I think some people don't realize that there is always a way out, a better tomorrow. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
      6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
      10/06/2009 Discharged
      01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Wow. heart breaking.
        Filed Chapter 7 August 18,2009
        341 scheduled for Oct 7, 2009--DONE!
        Report of No Distribution Oct 8, 2009
        Discharged & Closed Dec. 14, 2009

Comment

Just goes to show you how emotionally devastating bk can be....sad...

Comment

To many people think its the end of road, they've been brought up that its evil and should never be done.

That's not the truth though, the Constitution and even the Bible allow for the forgiveness of debt.

I was in Hardee's getting something to eat and a lady was on her cell phone. Their was someone she was discussing about a third person on the phone. The third person apparently has a large amount of medical bills and she sounded like Bankruptcy would kill the person, but it doesn't.

Everyone needs another chance. Some people seem to give criminals more of a chance than those that file bankruptcy and to me that's just wrong. We as Americans have become to attached to our stuff when things like this happens. To think there is no other way out is just really sad and reflects poorly on our society when folks take their family and own lives when facing bankruptcy and the loss of stuff.

Comment

I agree with you, but there are a lot of hate mongers that look at people who file bankruptcy as the worst of society.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

How sad , it is stressful but why kill yourself and family?

Comment

Sadly it comes from two points of view.

The first is that you are trying to 'protect' them from the loss of stuff.

The second is a selfish desire to take them with you because you don't want to be alone on the other side.

Both are wrong thinking but that's generally what leads to these types of events.

Comment

Debt collectors can drive you to it , so sad my heart goes out to there family and friends

Comment

So much avoidable suffering. May God bless that family and those they left behind...and all of us enduring this misery that, in the grand scheme of things, is so meaningless and needless. I'm just really not in love with our culture right now.

I once read that, when asked his opinion on western civilization, Mahatma Gandhi responded,

"It would be nice."

Comment

I live close to where this happened and it made our front page news (both paper and television) for days afterwards. This family lived in a very prestigous nieghborhood and as the story unfolded, it came out that they had filed chapter 13 (re organization) in 2005 - unbeknownst to any of their family and friends. In fact those that knew them found it almost impossible to believe (except when the Trustee finally made a public statement in regard to their situation) they had any money problems as they apparently still maintained a nice lifestyle; boats, shopping, etc. and were seemingly quite happy.

It clearly is a tragedy.

To add some more irony I had spoken with the same trustee in an estate matter I was administrator for just six months before.

off topic, but trustees make money off any assets they can retrieve from the filer, they automatically get first dibs on a particular percentage of their retrieval

Comment

There is the famous John "Lister" or "List" case from New Jersey in the 1970's where the husband was having financial problems and pretending to go to work every day to cover them up and even draining his mother's accounts to pay bills. When it all caught up with him he killed his entire family, took off and changed identities. He notified beforehand anyone associated with them and his childrens' schools that they were going on an extended vacation so it was a long time before anyone went to the house to find what occurred. It gave him the time to disappear. He managed to stay unnoticed utilizing a deceased person's name and SS until America's Most Wanted did a segment on him, aging him with drawings and a head image of what he would look like years later. Someone recognized him and called with tips.

Financial image and trying to keep a lifestyle one can no longer afford is the driver among many tragedies. It is so very sad.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Very sad....people need to remember that there is always a way out. Life is too precious to be taken in such a sad way.
                            Filed Chapter 7- May 5, 2009
                            341 Meeting- June 22, 2009
                            Kept house, all credit cards discharged in August 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X