Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danaf View Post
    Ok - now after hearing Biden's speach - a man who voted for many of Bush's initiatives - I am convinced that the democrats royally screwed up!

I was never a big Hillary fan but I see now that an Obama/Hillary ticket would have been much better than the current Obama/Biden ticket.

What a shame!
    I agree, the democrats would have easily took this election if Obama selected a better vice presidential candidate, including Hillary Clinton, but as it is now, Palin is gaining momentum and McCain is too as a result, and they look like they are going to win it at this point. It's an unbelievable comeback for the Republican party after the falling approval rating for George Bush over the past four years.
    Hi, I'm new here.

(Link Removed By Moderator)

Comment

She referred to an article in Saturday's New York Times about Obama's relationship with Ayers, now 63. But that article concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.'"
      Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
      Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
      Discharged April 2012

Comment

Next you'll hear them saying he's Osama because his names Obama. I hate how this panders to the fear of middle America. I wonder how many people will hear about this and just believe it's true becuase she said it.
        Discharged April 2012

Comment

I think Obama's relations to several people are relevant.

He went to a church for 20 years and claims he never heard the pastor who is famous for it make any racial comments? I don't buy it.

He did business with a known felon, Resko. Now claims he doesn't know him?

Has had a working relationship with Ayers for almost 2 decades, and now they aren't close?

I don't buy it. Don't get me wrong, McCain is no gem himself, Look up the Keating 8 sometime.

What William Ayers did long ago under current law he most likely would still be in prison or he'd have been executed.

My problem with Obama is that there is enough evidence that he had more than casual contact with many of these people. He should be man enough to admit to it, and not deny it.

I actually wish the media would spend more time on some of the third party candidates as both Obama and McCain have a checkered past. As far as I can tell Barr and Baldwin don't have that. It just seems they are bent on making the American people choose between two morally corrupt people.
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

JR,

I completly agree with you. No one that's in office has a clean track record. I just can't stand it when they just make up blatant lies that are just for getting people stirred up. There's no need to call a member of our Senate a terrorist. It's just pathetic.
            Discharged April 2012

Comment

Originally posted by chloe0724 View Post
              JR,

I completly agree with you. No one that's in office has a clean track record. I just can't stand it when they just make up blatant lies that are just for getting people stirred up. There's no need to call a member of our Senate a terrorist. It's just pathetic.
              Keep in mind we have folks in jail charged with terrorism using guilt by association. I do agree they shouldn't have gone that way. At the same time many of Obama's and Biden's continued attacks against Bush are unnecessary. Bush will not be President in 4 months and both Biden and Obama could have blocked legislation or moved it forward if they had wanted to the last couple years. Regardless of who is president the troops will have to withdraw from Iraq because Iraq wants it and we can't afford it. Taxes will most likely have to be raised not just on the wealthy but the middle class and even the poor, they might lower income tax but they'll make it up someplace. We most likely will also see a cut in government services including entitlement programs, as we cannot truly afford what has been promised. How large of taxes and cuts we'll see depends largely on how bad this financial mess gets.

Comment

It's no worse than what they said about Sara Palin and now the California nurse's association saying McCain will defintinitely die in office. I wish they would all stick to the issues and stop the nonsense. Hopefully, Americans can see through all this garbage.

Wouldn't it be great if they regulated campaign adds and only allowed "issue" ads?

Comment

I agree fltoo, no worse at all.

I think we need some of that. Sadly the last time someone tried to regulate it we got the 527 groups.

Basically we need to change the defamation laws. If the bar for defamation was the same for the famous as it is for the unknown, you wouldn't see many of those attack ads. They'd have to stick to just what they were going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by chloe0724 View Post
                    JR,

She didn't call him a terrorist, as JR said, the associations are questioned.

But, Ayers is definitely a terrorist and should not be teaching in our colleges!

Comment

For the Republicans to tie Obama to unsavory characters in the past is pure crap. McCain should be tied to the crooked bankers that bribed him and other Republicans to enact that 2005 bankruptcy bill, and were begging now for this ridiculous bailout bill.

Comment

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
                        For the Republicans to tie Obama to unsavory characters in the past is pure crap. McCain should be tied to the crooked bankers that bribed him and other Republicans to enact that 2005 bankruptcy bill, and were begging now for this ridiculous bailout bill.
                        You do realize that while Barney Franks was over the Senate Banking Commitee which oversees Fannie Mae his lover was the person in charge of Fannie Mae's product development........Franks is a D. There is more than enough corruption in both the R and D.

Pelosi has failed to lead the Most ethical Congress ever, 3 years ago she was wanting Hastert, Delay etc to resign while they were under investigation. Yet today she hasn't batted an eye at Rangel or Franks or Jefferson etc.

It's just a game to them. They all are pretty much on the take, including Obama who received more donations from many of these failed corps we are bailing out than any of the other politicians in the last 2 years.

That's one thing they should have had as part of H.R. 1424. A page attached for each congressman and each Senator. On it list all donations their campaigns and PACs have received from the financial sector and the mortgage sector. That really would have opened the eyes of many Americans.

So long as we keep just sending R and D to Washington it will not change.

Comment

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
                          Biden was a huge supporter of the new BK bill, for self interest.

Barney Frank actually said that he had NO fault for the Fannie mess. He was smack in the middle of it.

This is not a matter of dems and repub. This is a matter of the lies and cheating that goes on in Congress, those elected by us, the people, and then have no accountablility to the people whatsoever.

Vote every one of the b***tards out! This will also send a message to the new members of Congress.

Comment

JR,

You are so right. If the everyday person was allowed to get away with the outright lies that politicians do (along with the tabloids) could you imagine how horrible that would be.
                            Discharged April 2012

Comment

As far as the current financial turmoil the liberal main stream media is still pointing fingers at failed Bush Policys (as some of you are doing), and also blaming the free markets. The stations like Fox news and talk radio are pointing out that Bush and republicans are on record for warning the dems that Fannie & Freddie can't sustain their present levels of writing mortgages as far back as when Clinton left office. Obama and McCain both accepted money (Obama got more, it figures) from Fannie Mae.

While I can't stand either of these so called leaders anymore I'm still going to hold all the people accountable that caused it in the first place. If you bought more home then you can afford especially with an A.R.M. and if you are a low life broker that made more loans than you should have then you both deserve everything you are getting. The sooner you stop blaming everyone else the better off we will all be.

Neither of the people that made these transactions signed it with Bush, Frank, Dodd, Greenspan or The "Maddam speaker" in their minds. I never shopped for a home thinking of these people. I read everything and walked away from what I thought were bad deals.
                              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Thought it was funny that a McCain/Palin ad is running with my post of this story.
                                Discharged April 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X