Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
    All Americans should be proud/relieved about this event.
    Perhaps is the leaders of our country were not meddling in the business of all of the other countries in the world, there would have been no need for this?

Relieved, perhaps. Proud, never.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      Perhaps is the leaders of our country were not meddling in the business of all of the other countries in the world, there would have been no need for this?

I agree. Too bad we can't. We have no energy policy and have no intentions of finding a solution to this problem, so it's easier to borrow money from the Arabs and Chinese to build a massive military, then blow up small countries with oil, take the oil and the Arabs then take some of their petro dollars and fund terrorists with it.

Kinda like a very violent merry go round. Too bad the dems are part of this scheme too.
      The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post

If you think that the extreme militias, like Al Qaeda, would have left us alone if we weren't "meddling", you are dreaming.

When you are dealing with extreme ideologies, like those of Al Qaeda, all one has to do is exist and think differently than them to be a target.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
          If you think that the extreme militias, like Al Qaeda, would have left us alone if we weren't "meddling", you are dreaming.

When you are dealing with extreme ideologies, like those of Al Qaeda, all one has to do is exist and think differently than them to be a target.

I used to agree with you on this. Now I'm not so sure.

Sometimes I feel they just don't like us, but lately I feel we are instigating all of these acts of terror.

If you think I am crazy then why are we now in Lybia just as we are winding down Iraq and Afganistan? Do we just like war?

There's been some rioting in many northern African countries and suddenly we are only in Lybia.

Why do you think that is?

Also even if these are justifiable wars we are gaining nothing since we are bankrupt and the economic collapse that I am 100% certain is coming will be much worse then an act of terror.

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
            I used to agree with you on this. Now I'm not so sure.

Sometimes I feel they just don't like us, but lately I feel we are instigating all of these acts of terror.

If you think I am crazy then why are we now in Lybia just as we are winding down Iraq and Afganistan? Do we just like war?

There's been some rioting in many northern African countries and suddenly we are only in Lybia.

Why do you think that is?

Also even if these are justifiable wars we are gaining nothing since we are bankrupt and the economic collapse that I am 100% certain is coming will be much worse then an act of terror.
            I agree. We are spending so much trying to protect our country from the outside that we are destroying it from the inside.
            We are LOSING the war on terror. Their goal is not to take our land but destroy us economically and take away our freedoms -- they are WINNING!!! We have become so afraid that we allows laws like the Patriot Act to continue and we allow ourselves to be groped or scanned at airports. Our infrastructure is crumbling we don't have enough money for teachers, healthcare, etc. We would have been far better off if we would have taken that trillion dollars spent on these wars and used it to become energy independent. Then we wouldn't care about manipulating the middle east -- and then maybe they wouldn't care about us.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              I think you are right about the Fed - but remember, "entitlements" are what "we the people" pay into - and alas NO ONE except the VERY rich retired before Soc Security.

By the way, old age pensions, national health insurance, etc., are German invention - Bismarck in the 1880's!!!!!
              I also notice how they like to characterize them as "entitlements" but really what is the alternative to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid for the average elderly person?

Starving on the streets as a homeless person? Dying an early death because they can't afford to pay for medicine and medical treatments which are readily available?

There are places the government should cut-- for example, it seems like the United States has been constantly at war since WWII, and we still have bases in most of the countries we have fought in since then. Perhaps, it is time to let go of these bases and stop fighting wars all over the world, and turn our attention to our own nation, so that our people can afford to retire with dignity.

If we can't afford to be the world's policeman and have our "entitlement" programs at the same time, then maybe we should stop being the world's policeman?
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Exactly!!!!

Originally posted by goingdown View Post
                i also notice how they like to characterize them as "entitlements" but really what is the alternative to social security, medicare, and medicaid for the average elderly person?

Starving on the streets as a homeless person? Dying an early death because they can't afford to pay for medicine and medical treatments which are readily available?

There are places the government should cut-- for example, it seems like the united states has been constantly at war since wwii, and we still have bases in most of the countries we have fought in since then. Perhaps, it is time to let go of these bases and stop fighting wars all over the world, and turn our attention to our own nation, so that our people can afford to retire with dignity.

If we can't afford to be the world's policeman and have our "entitlement" programs at the same time, then maybe we should stop being the world's policeman?

Comment

So I started this thread on 4-28-11...

Just curious, what are you views on Ron Paul? Stayed the same or changed on his chances?
                  Discharged: 12/23/2008

Comment

Originally posted by sguerra923 View Post
                    So I started this thread on 4-28-11...

Just curious, what are you views on Ron Paul? Stayed the same or changed on his chances?
                    He's not going to be president. And that is a good thing.

Comment

I'd still support him, but I don't believe that he has the slightest chance of being nominated...

Simply put, he's not one of the "good ol' boys"...

Good luck to us all.
                      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

I support him even more then I already did after he questioned Ben on money vs. gold last week.

July 13, 2011 - Congressman Ron Paul questions Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke in a U.S. House Financial Services Committee Meeting shortly after repor...

Personally I think he's toast. He won't get in.

Since we passed the point of no return I am voting for Obama so future generations will blame him when they study the 2nd great depression.

Doesn't matter who's fault it is. People always blame the president and he is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
                          I support him even more then I already did after he questioned Ben on money vs. gold last week.

July 13, 2011 - Congressman Ron Paul questions Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke in a U.S. House Financial Services Committee Meeting shortly after repor...

Personally I think he's toast. He won't get in.

Since we passed the point of no return I am voting for Obama so future generations will blame him when they study the 2nd great depression.

Doesn't matter who's fault it is. People always blame the president and he is the man.
                          Except that they will blame Bush. And rightfully so.

Oh, and this isn't the 2nd great depression. But I don't really expect you to get that.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                            Except that they will blame Bush. And rightfully so.

Oh, and this isn't the 2nd great depression. But I don't really expect you to get that.
                            What Ron Paul is focused on is not putting the blame on previous administrations but how we can guide this country in the direction where we can have our liberties and freedom back... If you watch youtube videos on him it will show that his main goal is to wake people around the world to what is really causing our current situation.

Also, he has gained more military support/donations than all republican runners combined. Currently, Dr. Paul is beating out Obama in military donatations. That there should already tell people that our troops want to come home and who they're are backing..

Make your judgement on the his speeches and credibility because the main stream media will do otherwise... Let's not pick the lesser of two evils this time around..
                            Discharged: 12/23/2008

Comment

Paul has some good ideas re civil liberties and the federal reserve - areas where progressives like Sen Bernie Sanders and he AGREE!!

BUt he also wants to end all gov't regulation, like...minimum wage, social security, child labor if you push it...so....on some areas he's right on, on some...

Originally posted by sguerra923 View Post
                              What Ron Paul is focused on is not putting the blame on previous administrations but how we can guide this country in the direction where we can have our liberties and freedom back... If you watch youtube videos on him it will show that his main goal is to wake people around the world to what is really causing our current situation.

Also, he has gained more military support/donations than all republican runners combined. Currently, Dr. Paul is beating out Obama in military donatations. That there should already tell people that our troops want to come home and who they're are backing..

Make your judgement on the his speeches and credibility because the main stream media will do otherwise... Let's not pick the lesser of two evils this time around..

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                                Paul has some good ideas re civil liberties and the federal reserve - areas where progressives like Sen Bernie Sanders and he AGREE!!

BUt he also wants to end all gov't regulation, like...minimum wage, social security, child labor if you push it...so....on some areas he's right on, on some...
                                Where did you get the "child labor" part from?

I'd like a *quote* with *the source* linked, please...

Good luck to us all.
                                No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X