Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!) (updated: 04/28/2015)

Welcome to the Bankruptcy Forum. Bankruptcy (BK) Forum is known as BKForum.com and will be referred to as BKF hereinafter. In order to ensure a long term success of our vibrant community, we have established certain rules and guidelines to which everyone must adhere to. Please take your time to carefully read our rules, before you start to participate in the community.

Things you agree to do:
BKFORUM.com (BKF) users agree to use the search function before starting a new thread. This prevents duplicate discussions and allows for better organized topics.

All BKF users agree to read the sticky posts which may be available at the top of a forum page. These Sticky posts often contain valuable information. They may also outline more rules and guidelines specific for that particular forum, stickies are put in place by that forums moderator(s) or admin(s).

Things you agree not to do:

All BKF users agree not to call people names or write a post simply to make a personal attack, or get a negative reaction; this behavior is not allowed on our forum. The use of derogatory language aimed at anyone will be severely dealt with. There is no need to agree with each other, or to even like each other. However, by signing onto BKForum.com you agree to treat each member and guest with the respect they deserve. No threats or personal attacks will be allowed.

All BKF users agree not to discuss, engage, or encourage any behavior or activity which violates the law. Discussion of drugs, violence, murder, theft, vandalism, fraud or any other issue which could be used to help individuals break the law is strictly forbidden.

All BKF users agree not to "bump" old threads, unless there is a specific benefit to the community by doing so. But in most cases, please don't post in very old threads, instead start new threads.

All BKF users agree not to attempt/use another members account. It is against BKF rules to use any account other than your own. Impersonating another member will result in an immediate ban. It is also against the rules to open more than one account in your own name without permission from a moderator or administrator. If you have been banned for any reason, it is against the rules to open another account. If you were banned temporarily and you are caught using another account you will be banned permanently. Choosing a moniker which is similar in either sound or spelling as a moderator or administrator is strictly forbidden.

All BKF users agree not to private message any moderator, admin, or other member with questions related to their personal circumstances (Questions about the forum or issues with the forum are ok). This forum only works when members share their experience and insights with everyone.

Things you agree not to post:
All BKF users agree not to post any derogatory/racist/or sexist remarks. This includes attachments, links and all information contained within posts, signatures, and avatars, failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban.

All BKF users agree not to post any copyrighted or trademarked information without the express written permission of the owner(s) / proper citation of source.

All BKF users agree not to post any real names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers, or any other personal details (their own or other people's).

All BKF users agree not to post links, pictures, attachments, videos, or the like of pornographic content, objectionable material or extreme violence, whether cartoon or real.

All BKF users agree not to use BKF for advertising purposes without a written contract between yourself/company/agent and the administration of BKF. Blatant advertising will result in a ban.

All BKF users agree not to spam the forums. Spam includes but is not limited to posting erroneous, non-relevant-useless, off-topic, or meaningless posts. Spam may also include posts which contain no text, or large areas of blank space between lines. Simply posting emoticons without text is considered spam. BKF is the largest bankruptcy message board and all the content is intended to help other users. Please help us improve the quality of our forum by making sure that your posts are well-worded, spell checked, grammatically correct and syntaxed.

Regarding actions of moderators and administrators:

The forum is no place to air out your opinion or be judgmental of our staff and its capabilities.

All BKF users agree not to abuse or mistreat moderators or administrators. It is against BKF rules to post any information regarding bans or any other action taken by a member of the moderating or administrative team. If you wish to discuss bans or warnings please do so via PM. To place a complaint against a moderator, send a PM to a super moderator. All Moderators are equal, any decision made by a moderator must be adhered to. If a moderator tells you something you do not like, do not go to another moderator looking for a different answer. If you are caught doing this you will be banned. The moderators work as a team and respect the decisions made by their peers and will help enforce them unless an administrator tells them differently.
If you have an issue with how the forum is run, then notify one of our administrator and we will look into the situation. We have in the past and still do appreciate any input that you offer this forum. But critical input and/or judgmental postings towards the staff will result in you getting banned.


Should you find a thread offensive or out of line, then notify a Mod in a PM so they can evaluate the situation and do the action deemed necessary.

All moderators do have active "other" lives outside of the forum and help moderate this forum in their spare time throughout the days and weeks.

If you have a problem with a member or Mod follow the proper channels of reporting it.

BKF reserves the right to delete any posts which contain anti-BKF comments or discussion. Any bashing of moderators or administrators, or any of their discussion or actions will also be deleted, and the responsible posting party(s) will be banned. Any public anti-BKF advertising, communication, or posts on another forum will result in permanent bans as well.

All warnings and bans are decided by individual moderators and administrators. Warnings are preferable to bans however, for serious offenses and repeat abusers bans will go into effect. The length of the bans can vary from several hours to permanent.

All messages posted or sent including through PM are the property of BKforum.com.

All BKF users agree not to advertiser on the forum (Niether by posting, private messaging or using your signature). If you are a company/attorney/legal adviser wishing to advertise on the site or sell a product, you must contact the head administrator and inquire about our advertising packages.

All bankruptcy related opinions expressed on BKForum.com are those of their authors and not necessarily of BKF, its staff or representatives.

You agree not to copy any material/post/content from BKF without written permission from our head administrator .

By posting on this forum you agree to these terms and conditions, including any punishment deemed appropriate by moderators or administrators in the event of an offense.

Administrators/Moderators can change these rules at any time without prior notice.
See more
See less

Political Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Logan View Post
    If you can't figure it out then you're not worth arguing against.

    Goodbye!
    Goodbye!
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Logan View Post
      You call painting a Hitler mustache on Obama's picture and walking around these rally's free speech? Go yell fire in the movie theater next time you go to the movies and see how well that goes over.
      FYI, those are two different types of speech, with the former being protected and the latter being forbidden. You cannot compare the two, and this has been well established by the Supreme Court.

      Originally posted by momisery
      ... and the fact that healthcare does not shop for the best price, but rather just pays and passes it on to us.
      This is not true. Healthcare insurance providers pay "customary" rates and if you ever look at an "Explanation of Benefits" (EOB) you'll see the difference in price. This is one area I feel sorry for the uninsured as they pay "retail" prices and those with insurance pay the discounted rate. These are set by the insurer.

      I do agree that the overhead is too high with insurers, but Medicare/Medicaid is a totally different program and it's difficult to even compare. I would not attempt to compare Medicare with any traditional insurance program because the structure of traditional insurance programs are driven by many hundreds of thousands of employers, each unique, with unique characteristics all designed to effect coverage based on the employer's needs.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Status: (Auto) Discharged and Closed! 5/10
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog


      I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
        I'm not falling for this tweak!

        As to the snow, your liberally dominated community is proof enough for me that liberalism is a sham. Who wouldn't the ever-caring, always thinking of his neighbors liberal have gotten out early and shoveled his sidewalk to allow his fellow liberals uninhibited access to the coffee shop and medical marijuana store?
        Well the path to the coffee shop was cleared by the coffee shop, so I am good to go this morning as regards coffee.

        As for the medical marijuana shop, my community's first official one is slated to open this month. It was in the local news. BTW, I know as a proper conservative you would never do anything illegal, or anything that people 200 years ago didn't do, so you probably don't know much about pot or it's effects on sleep. It tends to make you sleep late........

        And as for Michelle Obama, well she has an ivy league education and is quite accomplished, and I respect that, but I don't trust her for some reason.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Logan View Post
          Why don't we switch to a private military?
          This is a control issue, not a cost issue. If you haven't been in the military, as an officer, and understand the intricacies of command and control, you may find it difficult to do so. You always have the BlackWaters (or whatever they call themselves now), but you're arguing a point which is futile.

          There are some things that Government does do well. Even with the military, our spending far outpaces any other Nation even though we rely heavily on technology.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Status: (Auto) Discharged and Closed! 5/10
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog


          I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

          Comment


          • I am referrenceing a huge article that was about hospitals. We pay twice as much for MRI machines in the USA, because our care faciltiies do not shop, do not know and do not care. The same is true of the cost of other items. They do not try to find better prices or bargin. I have two sisters that are nurses, and I worked in admn in healthcare for a long time. While hosptials honor their medical degrees, they do not honor computers lol... They operate with a lot of paper still, and don't seem to understand how computers could speed them up and help with costs, nor do they understand the concept of shopping for a price because they have never had to. Insurance companies do not hold them to a policy of shoppping and in fact are willing to simply raise our premiums, that is what I am saying if that makes it a bit more clear.

            Employers are only interested in a affordable policy, and one that might help make them effective in hiring employees by promising coveage. When you accept a job your not in a postions in most cases to read thru their insurance so you get what you get.

            When we first moved to MO one employer told me they did not offer insurance but my husbands employer would and it would be affordable. He said MO is different than GA or AZ or CA. Insurance is afforadable here to buy coverage for your family. I guess his idea of affordable and mine were different. While the monthly increase to cover a spouse in HMO states is higher, my cost for myself was much lower and so was hubbys. So in GA we paid 100.00 per month here it is 300.00 total for me to cover him. Then we had out of pocket of a stated amount. Here we start out at 1200 and total out of pocket is 11,500.00 That is a lot for lower income people to afford. HMO was cheaper that is for sure. Have missouri employers done it homework on costs? I would say no. Healthcare is like taxes, you had better review what your paying because no one else will look out for you and your dollar like you will.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
              Well the path to the coffee shop was cleared by the coffee shop, so I am good to go this morning as regards coffee.

              As for the medical marijuana shop, my community's first official one is slated to open this month. It was in the local news. BTW, I know as a proper conservative you would never do anything illegal, or anything that people 200 years ago didn't do, so you probably don't know much about pot or it's effects on sleep. It tends to make you sleep late........

              And as for Michelle Obama, well she has an ivy league education and is quite accomplished, and I respect that, but I don't trust her for some reason.
              I tried it once in high school but that was like 15 years ago.

              I imagine most dope smokers sleep all day waking just long enough to roll another joint and go upstairs to see what mom has in the fridge to munch on.

              Sleeping late seems like a waste of time to me.

              I am amazed at how easily you assign respect to people based solely on the ink used on their diploma.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                I tried it once in high school but that was like 15 years ago.

                I imagine most dope smokers sleep all day waking just long enough to roll another joint and go upstairs to see what mom has in the fridge to munch on.

                Sleeping late seems like a waste of time to me.

                I am amazed at how easily you assign respect to people based solely on the ink used on their diploma.
                You wish high school was 15 years ago!

                I think that at the time Michelle Obama went to Princeton, it was an alienating environment for minorities and I respect her accomplishment of finishing there and going on to law school.
                You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

                Comment


                • Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  This is a control issue, not a cost issue. If you haven't been in the military, as an officer, and understand the intricacies of command and control, you may find it difficult to do so. You always have the BlackWaters (or whatever they call themselves now), but you're arguing a point which is futile.

                  There are some things that Government does do well. Even with the military, our spending far outpaces any other Nation even though we rely heavily on technology.
                  Not to mention the Constitution demands our goverment provide for the common defense of the governed and that the President shall be the Commander in Chief of the military.
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                    You wish high school was 15 years ago!

                    I think that at the time Michelle Obama went to Princeton, it was an alienating environment for minorities and I respect her accomplishment of finishing there and going on to law school.
                    Imagine what Clarence Thomas must have gone through. I'm sure you have even more respect for his accomplishments based on your reasoning regarding Mrs. Obama.

                    Of course, I can't remember Thomas ever claiming he was proud of his country for the first time in his adult life anytime recently. It is comments like that made by Michelle Obama that allow me to a) discount her ability to think and b) hold disrespect for her.

                    Having been out of high school for well over 15 years I have the experience necessary to make such claims.
                    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                      Imagine what Clarence Thomas must have gone through. I'm sure you have even more respect for his accomplishments based on your reasoning regarding Mrs. Obama.

                      Of course, I can't remember Thomas ever claiming he was proud of his country for the first time in his adult life anytime recently. It is comments like that made by Michelle Obama that allow me to a) discount her ability to think and b) hold disrespect for her.

                      Having been out of high school for well over 15 years I have the experience necessary to make such claims.
                      Clarence Thomas went to Yale Law School and I totally respect that. He was the only black to graduate from his high school. I definitely respect Clarence Thomas' academic achievements.

                      What I don't respect about him is his personal sexual harassment history, and his ultra conservative views.
                      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                        I am willing to stick it out through the attempted destruction of my country by the Obama Pelosi and Reid debacle. In fact, I love my country enough that i am actively participating in whatever ways I can to see to it they are unsuccessful. Fleeing would be cowardly on my part.

                        The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          Clarence Thomas went to Yale Law School and I totally respect that. He was the only black to graduate from his high school. I definitely respect Clarence Thomas' academic achievements.

                          What I don't respect about him is his personal sexual harassment history, and his ultra conservative views.
                          Unproven. Anita Hill was a political hack the left tried to use to destroy a fine man of unquestioned integrity. Obviously, he won. She is nothing but a footnote in history today while he is at the highest level of our judiciary anyone can achieve.

                          Which reminds of why Michelle Obama is famous and deemed important by some. Oh yeah, she married the right guy. She is the anti-feminist!
                          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                            I think that at the time Michelle Obama went to Princeton, it was an alienating environment for minorities and I respect her accomplishment of finishing there and going on to law school.
                            Read the article here

                            Everything is an issue of national security to a liberal EXCEPT national security.
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

                            Comment


                            • Ohio... Unproven. Anita Hill was a political hack the left tried to use to destroy a fine man of unquestioned integrity. Obviously, he won. She is nothing but a footnote in history today while he is at the highest level of our judiciary anyone can achieve.

                              Don't you see that it is also unproven that Anita Hill was a Political hack? That is what gets conversations to derail in some cases, is denying something by offering up something that also has not been proven as evidence. Not picking on you, honest.. just saying...

                              And in the same breath I have to say that I am lakota and in 1968 when my people were given the right to vote I was very proud of my nation and for the first time. My whole life my brothers and friends had fought in wars to defend our nation, and yet were never given a simple right like that. I get what Michele was saying in a way that you would not if you have never been suppressed. I am sure her family has served and supported our country by paying taxes, maybe some in the military.. but what she was saying was the finally, she felt the PEOPLE of our country had gotten over BLACK as a stigma... I am sure she was also proud of civil rights and many other things.... but at that minute AMERICANS were color blind... maybe she said it wrong, but I got it. jmho

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by momisery View Post
                                Ohio... Unproven. Anita Hill was a political hack the left tried to use to destroy a fine man of unquestioned integrity. Obviously, he won. She is nothing but a footnote in history today while he is at the highest level of our judiciary anyone can achieve.

                                Don't you see that it is also unproven that Anita Hill was a Political hack? That is what gets conversations to derail in some cases, is denying something by offering up something that also has not been proven as evidence. Not picking on you, honest.. just saying...

                                And in the same breath I have to say that I am lakota and in 1968 when my people were given the right to vote I was very proud of my nation and for the first time. My whole life my brothers and friends had fought in wars to defend our nation, and yet were never given a simple right like that. I get what Michele was saying in a way that you would not if you have never been suppressed. I am sure her family has served and supported our country by paying taxes, maybe some in the military.. but what she was saying was the finally, she felt the PEOPLE of our country had gotten over BLACK as a stigma... I am sure she was also proud of civil rights and many other things.... but at that minute AMERICANS were color blind... maybe she said it wrong, but I got it. jmho
                                No I don't see. I know that Anita Hill was used to try to sandbag Justice Thomas' nomination and her allegations were never proven and appeared out of nowhere. Either she was a political hack or a political pawn. Neither is very flattering.

                                Mrs Obama grew up in a suburb and received the highest quality education available to anyone in this country. She was given very lucrative jobs. All of this happened long before she made that ridiculous claim of finally being proud of her country. Whatever her motive for saying it, it was a horrible thing to say and brought forth the ignorance she has in spite of her education.

                                I won't respect her. She's just another part of the Chicago political machine. Her gender and race are irrelevant. Her actions are by what I judge her.
                                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

                                Comment

                                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X