Political Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
    Guns do kill people. Look at the stats of countries with stricter gun laws, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate
    The United States is still the wild wild west.
    Tell me you ever heard of any inanimate object moving by it's self. Ludicrous statement. If a gun shoots, something has moved it. Most likely a person in a case of murder. Now there are admittedly a LOT of guns in our Country. Second amendment states we should have one. Also it states that if the Government become rouge, we have an inalienable right to take it back. THAT is the true intent of the Second Amendment. New York, Chicago, Washington D.C. have pretty high shootings. All are gun restricted. Kannasaw GA made it LAW for every able family HAD to own a gun. The crime rate plummeted. If it's not a gun, a bow and arrow is capable. A baseball bat, how about a rock?

The New Black Panther party guys that our head legal Authority Eric Holder forgave when it was obvious that they inhibited people from voting by showing a "LEGAL WEAPON" called a baseball bat, yet HE sponsored under his authority and did cause the murder of at least one American boarder guard and many Mexicans by supplying many ILLEGAL ASSAULT WEAPONS, and his budd PresBO is covering him, sure did work out to well. As I have stated, Guns do NOT kill people. People kill people.

Some years ago, I was a target of a guy who opened and tried to drag me out of a car at a light, I blindly shot the red light and left him. I now have a legal holstered weapon at my right leg allowed by law. There won't be another try and it's just not a good idea to run a red light by flooring your car blindly. I was lucky. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      Tell me you ever heard of any inanimate object moving by it's self. Ludicrous statement. If a gun shoots, something has moved it. Most likely a person in a case of murder. Now there are admittedly a LOT of guns in our Country. Second amendment states we should have one. Also it states that if the Government become rouge, we have an inalienable right to take it back. THAT is the true intent of the Second Amendment. New York, Chicago, Washington D.C. have pretty high shootings. All are gun restricted. Kannasaw GA made it LAW for every able family HAD to own a gun. The crime rate plummeted. If it's not a gun, a bow and arrow is capable. A baseball bat, how about a rock?

The New Black Panther party guys that our head legal Authority Eric Holder forgave when it was obvious that they inhibited people from voting by showing a "LEGAL WEAPON" called a baseball bat, yet HE sponsored under his authority and did cause the murder of at least one American boarder guard and many Mexicans by supplying many ILLEGAL ASSAULT WEAPONS, and his budd PresBO is covering him, sure did work out to well. As I have stated, Guns do NOT kill people. People kill people.

Some years ago, I was a target of a guy who opened and tried to drag me out of a car at a light, I blindly shot the red light and left him. I now have a legal holstered weapon at my right leg allowed by law. There won't be another try and it's just not a good idea to run a red light by flooring your car blindly. I was lucky. 'Hub
      I don't care if you have a gun. I have never met anyone who was trying to stop everyone from having a gun. There is NO reason for ordinary people to have assault rifles and 30 round clips. We live in a democracy (if it hasn't already become a plutocracy) you don't like who is in power vote them out. You will NEVER overthrow the United States government by "force" - it is crazy to think so. At the time of the 2nd Amendment there were single round muskets and pistols. NO ONE contemplated the fire power we have today. When I hear people say they are against Obama because they think he is going to try to take their guns away that sounds as crazy as people who don't believe he was born here. If you want your guns for self defense have at it. Talking about needing "assault rifles" in case the government becomes rogue well that is plain........

Comment

I don't care if you have a gun. I have never met anyone who was trying to stop everyone from having a gun. There is NO reason for ordinary people to have assault rifles and 30 round clips. We live in a democracy (if it hasn't already become a plutocracy) you don't like who is in power vote them out. You will NEVER overthrow the United States government by "force" - it is crazy to think so. At the time of the 2nd Amendment there were single round muskets and pistols. NO ONE contemplated the fire power we have today. When I hear people say they are against Obama because they think he is going to try to take their guns away that sounds as crazy as people who don't believe he was born here. If you want your guns for self defense have at it. Talking about needing "assault rifles" in case the government becomes rogue well that is plain........
        You state "There is NO reason for ordinary people to have assault rifles and 30 round clips...."
        1) So, extraordinary people have reasons to have them, and how do you define "ordinary"?
        2) How do you define "assault rifle"...is it based upon how scary they look?
        3) If 30 rounds is too many, what is the number of rounds that is OK in your book?

Comment

At the time, the citizens owned the same type of arms as the military, we should still have that option, for ordinary small arms anyway.

At the time of the revolution, there were privately owned canons, just like those used by the military.

Obama voted for complete bans of pistols, I don't know why he wouldn't again.

Comment

Posted twice in error.
            Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM.
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by filed View Post
              You state "There is NO reason for ordinary people to have assault rifles and 30 round clips...."
              1) So, extraordinary people have reasons to have them, and how do you define "ordinary"? Non- law enforcement/military
              2) How do you define "assault rifle"...is it based upon how scary they look?However, it is defined by law - there was a assault rifle ban I believe from 1994 - 2004
              3) If 30 rounds is too many, what is the number of rounds that is OK in your book? 9 - 10
              I realize that guns are a hot point issue for some people. I admit I don't understand it. I have never had a gun never felt like I needed one. I don't have any problem with someone wanting them for hunting or self defense. For those purposes you don't need assault rifles, automatic weapons and 30 round clips.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdfw View Post
                At the time, the citizens owned the same type of arms as the military, we should still have that option, for ordinary small arms anyway.

At the time of the revolution, there were privately owned canons, just like those used by the military.

Obama voted for complete bans of pistols, I don't know why he wouldn't again.I don't believe that. Show me exactly were he made that vote. See http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/nra-targets-obama/
                Well to follow your statements to their logical conclusion then anyone should be able to have every weapon available in their personal arsenal - hand grenades, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons, fighter jets......where does it stop?

Comment

I don't care if you have a gun. I have never met anyone who was trying to stop everyone from having a gun. There is NO reason for ordinary people to have assault rifles and 30 round clips. I lived in Chi Town when MLK was assasinated. You have not idea what I saw and no police department could have stopped the riiot I was fortunate to drive out of. We live in a democracy (if it hasn't already become a plutocracy) you don't like who is in power vote them out. You again are in error. We live in a Representative Republic. A Democracy is "Two Wolves and one Sheep voting on what to have for dinner. "You will NEVER overthrow the United States government by "force" - it is crazy to think so. That is correct. You really need to open your thinking and go see that movie 2016. Obama was told by his Communist friends in college that by politics would be the way to "RULE" our Country. At the time of the 2nd Amendment there were single round muskets and pistols. Are you limiting our Founding Fathers to be stuck in time? The reason of the Second Amendment was "Just in case". That is why they made a Republic and not a Democracy. NO ONE contemplated the fire power we have today. When I hear people say they are against Obama because they think he is going to try to take their guns away that sounds as crazy as people who don't believe he was born here. There are many books about the rise of the Third Reich. Try to find some of that history. You will be surprised how close our current times are as it was in the 20's in Europe. If you want your guns for self defense have at it. Talking about needing "assault rifles" in case the government becomes rogue well that is plain........
                  I'll keep my weapons and thanks for the permission. I don't intend to take over the government with them. I intend to survive the fall of the World monetary system and the fall of civilization. The guns will be for those who are not wise enough to prepare and take away from those who prepared. Family will be first. A good book to read is "One Second After". At this time it is fiction. One EMP bomb above the United States could take the power grid down. All movement in our country will stop. Most grocery stores do not have a "back room" with weeks of food. They get daily deliveries by truck. When that stops food in a day will be gone.
                  Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                    I'll keep my weapons and thanks for the permission. I don't intend to take over the government with them. I intend to survive the fall of the World monetary system and the fall of civilization. The guns will be for those who are not wise enough to prepare and take away from those who prepared. Family will be first. A good book to read is "One Second After". At this time it is fiction. One EMP bomb above the United States could take the power grid down. All movement in our country will stop. Most grocery stores do not have a "back room" with weeks of food. They get daily deliveries by truck. When that stops food in a day will be gone.
                    Or Aliens take over tomorrow with even better weapons....
                    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                      Or Aliens take over tomorrow with even better weapons....
                      Yes, the best USA can provide. Automatic too. My AR is not. (yet)

Comment

I realize that guns are a hot point issue for some people. I admit I don't understand it. I have never had a gun never felt like I needed one. I don't have any problem with someone wanting them for hunting or self defense. For those purposes you don't need assault rifles, automatic weapons and 30 round clips.
                        Thanks for your reply. I believe the primary defining characteristics in that law were cosmetic. Flash suppressors, telescoping stocks, and the like. Basically, ban them because they look scary. As to 9-10 rounds, why is that number appropriate, and 30 is not?

Comment

An Illinois doctor diagnoses ObamaCare in one amazing sentence

This has got to give even the most Liberal, a bit of a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by filed View Post
                            Thanks for your reply. I believe the primary defining characteristics in that law were cosmetic. Flash suppressors, telescoping stocks, and the like. Basically, ban them because they look scary. As to 9-10 rounds, why is that number appropriate, and 30 is not?
                            Well like I said I don't profess to be an expert, but I thought "assault" rifle also had something to do with the ability to automatically fire x number of rounds.
                            As to 9-10 no special reason - 6 would be fine also. Whatever is "normal".
                            Why not 30 - because I have children and a grandchild and when there are more and more crazy attacks at schools, rallies and movies I would be in favor of depriving Every single person in this country the right to own an assault rifle or 30 round clip, that they do not "need" for any legitimate reason, if it would save 1 innocent life from these crazy events.

Comment

This is one point where I agree with people with whom I disagree on every other political issue.

Criminals will have assault rifles regardless of laws prohibiting them. Why should law abiding citizens be prevented from having the same weapons criminals have? I live in a city where there are definitely gangs and individual criminals with assault rifles and a police force that is much too small for a city of its size. Police officers have actually told citizens that they should be prepared to protect themselves because there is a good chance the police won't get to us quickly enough in an emergency. I believe we should have a right to fight fire with fire. I don't have any gun, but I have long been considering getting one and probably will eventually. My husband and I talk about a shot gun and a side arm and never an assault rifle. But, I want the right to decide what is necessary to arm myself against the criminals that may invade my home at any time or roam the neighborhoods stealing supplies from me and my neighbros after a major earthquake or other natural disaster.

I think the chances of having to defend myself against a tyranical government is tiny and my chances of succeeding are even smaller. But, things can change. Why erode our rights to prepare to defend ourselves from all possible foes, whether they be from local thugs, outside invaders or our own government? Once we let the rights go, it's much harder to get them back if we later discover they were more necessary than we thought.
                              Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 09-13-2012, 05:09 PM.
                              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Well to follow your statements to their logical conclusion then anyone should be able to have every weapon available in their personal arsenal - hand grenades, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons, fighter jets......where does it stop?
                                Hmmmmmmmmm.... always wanted a fighter jet.

I'm not going to step in this steaming pile of bovine excrement, however I will say that in the town that I work in, there is most certainly a "need" for a firearm.

I'm going to do a drive by here and drop this off and run:

I'm too old to run. That's why I carry a gun.

--- PEOPLE ASK WHY?

Why Carry a Gun?

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
                                usually it's when he becomes too old to take an a$$ whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
                                I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
                                I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
                                I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world..

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
                                I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
                                I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
                                I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
                                I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
                                I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
                                I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
                                I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate..

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
                                I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an a$$ whoopin'.....author unknown
                                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X