Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6,000 posts - a milestone!

Today I made my 6,000th post - wow!

After lurking for several months, I joined this wonderful forum in April 2006 two months before we filed a five-year Ch 13. Just like so many of you, I was horribly stressed and hungry for ANY reliable information I could find about what it was really like to file and then live with bankruptcy. This forum has been my life-line now for 2 1/2 years and honestly I don't know what I would do without the wonderful, caring, non-judgmental people hanging out at BK Forum. You each make my day every day as I watch questions answered and support provided for hundreds of anxious posters hungry for help and information. It's amazing!

Just wanted to say thanks to each and every one of you who make this forum such a special, safe, information-rich place that literally saves peoples' lives. THANK YOU!!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Congratulations lrprn!!!!

You were the first to welcome us when we found this forum in April 2008. Thanks to you and everyone else here, we have been able to preserve what little sanity we have. We were literally at our wits end when I first posted, then 'Hub a few days later.

We have learned so much about the BK process that we needed to know, but didn't because of our attorney--but that is over and done with now. The only regret we have is that we didn't find this place sooner.

Thank you SO much--and everyone else--for being there.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-30-2008, 11:20 AM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

congrads on your 6000 post accomplishment!

wishing you another happy 6000!
      The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

OK, last post 999. Thank you Lrprn, I'm sure you had nothing to do with this but, I'm now a GUUUUROOOO.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            Thank you Lrprn, I'm sure you had nothing to do with this but, I'm now a GUUUUROOOO.
            Thanks to the way our forum is set up, you automatically become a guru after 1000 posts. Welcome to "guruhood"! Seems you've hit a milestone of your own today, ACH - congratulations!
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
              Thanks to the way our forum is set up, you automatically become a guru after 1000 posts. Welcome to "guruhood"! Seems you've hit a milestone of your own today, ACH - congratulations!

Comment

Today I made my 6,000th post - wow!
                Just wanted to say thanks to each and every one of you who make this forum such a special, safe, information-rich place that literally saves peoples' lives. THANK YOU!!
                I think we all need to thank YOU for the time and experience you provide to this forum - Thank You and Congratulations! And also a thank you to all the other moderators for the time and expertise they provide on here.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                  I think we all need to thank YOU for the time and experience you provide to this forum - Thank You and Congratulations! And also a thank you to all the other moderators for the time and expertise they provide on here.
                  Clap, Clap, Clap, Flamingo as you are certainly correct. Good luck to you and Lrprn. 'Hub and Mrs.

Comment

sorry, double post.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                      Ditto. Congrats lrprn.

And I so agree about this place being a lifeline. I would have still filed if I had not found this forum, but the journey would have been so much more difficult without the support and education.

ep
                      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

congrats on 6k

Amen, and I second that from this side of the screen

It is also interesting how a stranger is willing to grab you by the hand try to pull you up or give you what you need( advice, information or moral support.It's Unfortunate how difficult or the second guessing that is involved with helping strangers in person.
                        Last edited by Mi Bankruptcy; 08-30-2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I enjoy all your informative posts. I've learned a lot from you! I was an absolute nervous wreck before we filed. This place has been a lifesaver! I don't know how I would've survived!

Congrats on your 6000+ post!
                          May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
                          June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
                          August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
                          August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats

You have done a lot of good in 2 years
                              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X