No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On an errand today I noticed here, in Minnesota, gas was $2.85 in my town. I didn't really need any gas yet (still had about 3/4 tank) but I stopped and topped it off anyways. Haven't seen it that price for awhile now.

Anon, my sister lives in CO too and she says gas is just outrageous. Can barely afford to get to work anymore
    Filed: 08/09/06
    341: 09/18/06
    Discharged: 11/22/06
    Closed 11/30/06

Comment

i really bet the gas prices are putting a severe hurting on all the road warriors/commuters out there! driving to work everyday is rapidly becoming unaffordable!!
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

If gas rises any higher, how are the retail stores going to remain open when they (such as Target) only pay their employees 6-7/per hour. After taxes, one would have to work 2 hours to cover the gas costs if they did not live next door~

Comment

Not sure how the employees will pay; however, we know that Target and the other chains will raise prices to accomodate for the increased distribution costs.
          *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

$2.78 per gallon this morning for 87. I had just under half-a-tank, but topped off befoer the weekend approaches because I know the price will shoot up. Although I will say that the price has been fairly steady for about the last week.....between $2.75 and $2.85 per gallon.
            Bankruptcy History:
            Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
            Discharged - 02/16/2006
            Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

gas prices

Originally posted by robivi3
              $5.57 per gallon at one BP in Atlanta on the national news (FOX). An article in the Herald is stating that rationing is in the future. According to the news I've seen and the Pres's statement our capacity to produce is seriously affected now.

My son just called from Mobil, 2.67 to 2.99 for regular about 10 minutes ago.
              it goes to show you how gas compaines have control over us, and not us over the gas and oil compaines...it shows how they do not have any responsibility over anything and if it goes wrong, they blame someone other then themselves, and leave us the public with the bill... Alaska for instance.

If i burn my house down, will someone come in and pay me to build
              it again, hell no...if a refinary burns down, does the gas/oil company
              build it again, no, we do...when they shutdown, we pay for it...
              when their is a pro-longed war, we pay for it... and the excuses
              continue to go on, and we continue to pay for it, while they are
              making profits into the billions....

Comment

the cheapest i've seen so far is $2.88 - but the prices will probably spike for labor day weekend!
                The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

$2.65 this morning. Woohoo!!!! (it's sad I get excited over gas being 2.65 and thinking that that is cheap)
                  Filed: 08/09/06
                  341: 09/18/06
                  Discharged: 11/22/06
                  Closed 11/30/06

Comment

$2.65 is about the same in Northeast Ohio miss puff.
                    Bankruptcy History:
                    Discharged - 02/16/2006
                    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

We dropped .15

The Cheveron (usually most expensive) is 2.86. I'd love to see 2.65!
                      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                      Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
                        The Cheveron (usually most expensive) is 2.86. I'd love to see 2.65!
                        We should be seeing 2.65 within the week after labor day weekend

Comment

Today: $2.49 for 87 and $2.59 for 89. Time to fill-up before the price hikes for the upcoming Holiday weekend.
                          Bankruptcy History:
                          Discharged - 02/16/2006
                          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

Didn't it come across yesterday that...

....prices should be going down closer to $2 by Xmas???

I don't know...my gas mileage on the 4Runner looks not right again...freaking sensor might be blown...if that darn trustee decides to take the SUV, he's in for a rude awakening....too much to fix & people can't deal with the cost of gas to run the darn thing....

I can't believe we ever thought $2 was a lot.
                            Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                            Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

It really all depends on what happens in iran. If we start dropping bombs on them too, then a couple years from now we'll be wondering how we ever thought that $4 a gallon was expensive.

Comment

Falling Gas Prices!

OMG! $2.29 for 87 octane and $2.39 for 89 octane at the Citgo station across the street from work.
                                Bankruptcy History:
                                Discharged - 02/16/2006
                                Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X