No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas isn't looking much better. Last night, regular unleaded was $2.99. Since it get blazingly cook-an-egg-on-the-ground hot here, I would no doubt it would be up to $4/gal this summer.
    Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
    Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
    Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
    11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

That means more energy being WASTED (or not being collected from increasing hot sun rays) ...versus... more energy/$$ being SPENT out (or consumed by air conditioning units, etc.).. and the gas cost is the "energy equation balancer/enforcer"
      Last edited by BKOnce; 05-21-2007, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Prices are so ugly right now and its not even summer yet. I'm going to have to cut back in a variety of ways to make up for it. I can already see there will be days I will make less at work in a day than the gas I bought that day.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
          Prices are so ugly right now and its not even summer yet. I'm going to have to cut back in a variety of ways to make up for it. I can already see there will be days I will make less at work in a day than the gas I bought that day.
          I am trying to procur a part time job so I can afford gas to go to my full time job!
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Here in Southeast KS, it's running at $3.49 a gallon. I commute, about 45 miles a day for my job. Including driving through town, during the day, it costs me about $14 a day in fuel.
            Last edited by CurtInKS; 05-25-2007, 06:36 AM. Reason: corrected a typo...

Comment

Hi everyone,

Have not been on the site for awhile since I moved. Back in Fl (north). Left In, could no longer afford to there. Heat bill was 300/mo last winter. Gas is at 3.59 gallon. I figure it will hopefully cost less to live here. Got a small apt. Hopefully will not have to use heat much in the winter here. I was going to drive down to Sarasota for memorial day weekend, but cannot do since gas so high. Here is a good site to use to find out who has the cheapest gas in your area www.gasbuddy.com.

Everyone have a safe weekend!

Debtisbad

Comment

Gas Prices

Hello Everyone,

I live in Reno, Nevada and our gas prices here are about $3.50 a gallon. Have to say we will probably be over $4.00 sooner than later.

REally, this mess has me pretty spooked. I just moved from an apartment on the edge of town to one more centrally located. My drive to work and back home is a total of 15 miles and the traffic is not bad. Also I am two blocks from a bus stop, just in case.

My friends say I am nuts but I am worried in a couple of years who knows where all of this will go. Suspect if the auto industry goes in the tank the whole economy may just implode.

A lot of hardship out there. Have a friend in Atlanta who between him and his wife are paying about 750.00 a month for gas.

Guess what gas in Iraq is .38 a gallon. Maybe they will comp us some since we spent a trillion bucks over there just because Saddam tried to do Bush`s dad in. He really has messed us up. Know a guy in a 12 step program that talks a lot like him.

Down @ Out

Comment

The average price of gas on Martha's Vineyard, MA was $3.74 for 87 octane....
                  The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

ugh

Well,

One good thing about filing bankruptcy and giving up the house is that we have to move. Right now my husband pays about $400 a month in gas just to get to and from work. Gas prices are so rediculous right now. I'm betting that as soon as the election comes near gas prices will drop and good 'ole Bush will be standing up talking about how he managed to lower the prices for us americans *gag*

Comment

I'm in Wisconsin, gas has gone down to 3.35 from 3.39 ( wow 4 whole cents ) , my wife and I spend a little over 400 per month to drive to work and back. I can wait for this winter when my heat will be 250 per month and I will be driving an extra 200 miles a week for my sons to play hockey.

You know up until the whole BK thing I used to be a Republican. Now I have a hippy lawyer and a liberal trustee and judge ( and am damn thankful for it ). Talk about a realit check.
                      Filed Chapter 13: 3/12/07
                      Confirmed 5/14/07
                      Last day from Claims 7/10/07
                      Trying to stay under the radar

Comment

Down to $3.18 a gallon here. Lower crude oil prices? Nope. More refineries running? Nope. Just some good old governmental pressure...

Comment

Originally posted by tofargone View Post
                          You know up until the whole BK thing I used to be a Republican. Now I have a hippy lawyer and a liberal trustee and judge ( and am damn thankful for it ). Talk about a reality check.
                          Thomas Sowell said it best..."Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good." BAPCPA, the new bankruptcy law paid for by our creditors and passed by our congressmen and women in 2005, is the latest example of this. Our supposedly "market-driven" gas prices are yet another.

Our gas here in eastern Kansas is $3.18/gal today.
                          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                            Thomas Sowell said it best..."Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good." BAPCPA, the new bankruptcy law paid for by our creditors and passed by our congressmen and women in 2005, is the latest example of this. Our supposedly "market-driven" gas prices are yet another.

Our gas here in eastern Kansas is $3.18/gal today.

Whereabouts in Eastern KS? I live in Arma, about 10 miles north of Pittsburg.
                            Last edited by CurtInKS; 05-30-2007, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Um, $3.899/gallon for the cheap stuff, $4.199/gallon for premium. Gotta love Chicago.
                              11/13/07 - Filed Chapter 7
                              12/13/07 - 341 Meeting
                              02/12/08 - Discharged
                              02/15/08 - Case closed

Comment

Originally posted by CurtInKS View Post
                                Whereabouts in Eastern KS? I live in Arma, about 10 miles north of Pittsburg.
                                Up in the Kansas City area.
                                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X