No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've paid as high as 3.09, although you can still find it around 2.80 at a select few stations. Its now costing $60 to fill a sedan.

Comment

Gas is killing me Kids wanted to go to get ice cream. Cost me more to get there than the ice cream!!!! This is getting ridiculous. Gas was 3.19 yesterday. 3.12 today. I have enough gas to get through until tommorrow night.

Comment

Isn't that the truth?

I am getting better mileage since I replaced throttle sensor in my SUV...and I only drive about 40-45 mph to get back & forth to work...

our cheapest gas is 2.84/gal.
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
        Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER
          I am getting better mileage since I replaced throttle sensor in my SUV...and I only drive about 40-45 mph to get back & forth to work...

our cheapest gas is 2.84/gal.
          I'd be killed if I only drove 40-45 mph--too much road rage around here towards people that even drive the speed limit.

Adding Chevron Techron (hadn't used in in a few years) boosted my gas mileage 3 mpg--now I'm at 34 mpg.
          *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Used to driving slow on the island!

Originally posted by anonymuse
            I'd be killed if I only drove 40-45 mph--too much road rage around here towards people that even drive the speed limit.

Adding Chevron Techron (hadn't used in in a few years) boosted my gas mileage 3 mpg--now I'm at 34 mpg.

When I had to drive from AMI to Tampa for my 341...I almost freaked out...I hadn't driven 75 for about 2 years...lol...and I used to be a speed demon...all my traffic tickets are for speeding....he he he
            Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
            Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

I've been so enraged by the recent hikes, that I wanted to go get my truck that is parked at our old place, waiting to picked-up by the lender, get a steel cable from McMaster-Carr, stop at these rip-off gas stations, hook-up the steel cable to the front tow hooks, put the truck in 4-wheel drive, drop the tranny into low and literally rip the pumps out of the ground............LOL! But of course, this is my anger getting the best of me.

I will say that while I'm sickened by the cost to fill my tank, I am also very happy because my new ride gets about 10 more miles to the gallon.......I can go 2 weeks between fill-ups.
              Bankruptcy History:
              Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
              Discharged - 02/16/2006
              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Gas prices were quite "cheap" in Camden, ME this past weekend. $2.85 for 87 octane, and $3.00 for premium fuel at select gas stations.
                The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Price today: $2.81 for 87 down the street from where I work. Damn, I paid $2.99 on Monday. Well, I guess I can leave me truck parked for a little while.....LOL!

Funny thing though, the rise in price is said be a shortage. Well, if there is a shortage, then why does the price come down and all of the sudden, there is no longer a shrotage? And don't tell me it's an anticipation of a possible shortage due to the middle east crisis or a hurricane because that's absurd. Why is it absurd? Well, it would be absurb if doctors were giving chemo treatments to someone in anticipation of them getting cancer, so how can anyone prove there will actually be a shortage? They can't. It just something they can control and we just have to live with it and except it.
                  Last edited by BassBoy; 07-19-2006, 11:50 AM.
                  Bankruptcy History:
                  Discharged - 02/16/2006
                  Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

YIIIIIIIIKES!!!!! 3.03 per GALLON today for regular. 3.25 for premium
                    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Price Today: $2.79 for 87 and $2.89 for 89. I would sure like to see this trend continue.............prices going down!
                      Bankruptcy History:
                      Discharged - 02/16/2006
                      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

My work commute is 550 miles per week. My gas usage has been averaging about $130 for a five day work week. Luckily i'm only driving a car with a V6 and a 13 gallon gas tank.
                        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

This is completely unbelievable.
                          In 6 years, gas has gone from $1 a gallon to $3.09

Unfreakingbelievable.

I wonder how many more BK cases will be filed this year?!
                          BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

We're looking at roughly a 8% gas increase (this year), which might not look like it would kill someone's budget and put them into bankruptcy over gas alone; however, since distribution costs of most goods are causing increases in price in all items, that's when people are really taking a hit.

It's sad to see here that people who normally volunteer for programs like "Meals on Wheels" can't afford to keep volunteering due to the gas problems. Shut-in's are becoming even more shut-in and it's really sad to see this happen here.
                            Last edited by anonymuse; 07-23-2006, 06:03 PM.

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I couldn't even remember what I was paying for gas 2 years ago so I found this chart of gas prices over the last 100 years.

I even had to look back and can't even believe I was paying $1.50 per gallon just 2 years ago.

I just spoke to my dad and he can remember trying (and not succeeding) to put in $3.00 to fill up his tank with gas. Those were the days!
                              Last edited by anonymuse; 07-23-2006, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Now what I'd like to see is how the IRS automobile expenses have risen over the past few years to see how much they attribute to gas cost.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X