top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell Phone Service - who do you use and how much you pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell Phone Service - who do you use and how much you pay?

I have been with Verizon for almost 4 years now, and while the service with them is great, they are certainly the most expensive. My attorney raised his eyebrows when I told him I pay nearly 115 dollars a month for 1 line with unlimited everything.
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

we use verizon as well, but we have two phones unlimited and pay approx $120. now, let me add that we also get a 17% discount on our entire bill because we are a family member of an employee. so i really don't understand how your atty thinks thats that high??

they provide the best service nationwide as far as we are concerned. plus now ALL our family members have switched over since they had problems with other companies. sometimes you get what you pay for. our neighbor has t mobile and has nothing but problems after problems with dropped calls etc.

i suppose there are other good and cheaper companies out there, but i would perfer staying with a co. i can depend on.
    Last edited by tobee43; 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I use Verizon and pay $80 for 700 shared minutes for 2 lines (evenings and weekends are unlimited). Maybe your attorney raised his eyebrow because he doesn't view unlimited everything as a necessary expense. Do you also have a land line and home internet service?
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I have a landline, cable and internet service. Those all add up to over $115 per month. I use a pre-paid cell phone for those quick phone calls, and emergency purposes. I try to keep this to $20 per month.

I used to have AT & T and they were very good. Then I fell way behind on the bill and had to end up including them in my bk.

Comment

I use Verizon and I pay around $45 a month. I don't have unlimited, but I also haven't gone over my monthly minutes ever, I haven't even come close. Plus, calls to other Verizon members (such as most of my family) and evening/week-end calls are unlimited. I have texts blocked as I got tired of getting sales texts and having to pay for them. I think if it was as much as yours, I would live without the cell phone. Thats more than what I pay for internet and my landline at home.

Comment

'Hub and I use Boost Moble. We like it because it is fairly cheap. It has the PushToTalk feature, which we like, but seems to be going away. We pay into the system $20.00 per phone per month, and that satisfies us. We don't do texting, photos, or any of the other junk that is out there.

Downside is if you want to be able to have a long chit-chat, this will not do for you. Also the range is not great, depending on the nearby cell towers. I can stand at one end of our 800 ft. driveway, with 'Hub at the other end, and we cannot communicate at all. Yet when one or the other of us goes into town, we do fine. Go figure~~scratches head~~
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I pay $72 for unlimited data, 1500 texts and 450 minutes a month through AT&T with my iphone.
              I wish I could get it cheaper but this is about the best I can do.
              Logan

Comment

Wow well I pay 175 for 3 phone no internet either 3000 min dont want to go over. Have no house phone. Gonna call and see how many min I use every month. Last time I tryed to cut min to 2000 it was only 10 dollars less. I have verizon only service I get I live in the country. My cable and internet is 142 expensive, they can do that when they know you do not have a choice. Without cable I do not get any kind of service where I live not even 4 channels. Had the dish it was way more.

Comment

no sprint users yet?
                  Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                  The rebuilding begins

Comment

I'm a Sprint user. I pay about $80 a month, that's for 450 anytime minutes, unlimited data usage, unlimited texts as well.
                    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan2010 View Post
                      no sprint users yet?
                      Okay, Jetsfan, here is a Sprint user. Right now we pay $150 a month, for unlimited texting, 1500 minutes. But, we currently have 5 phones on the plan, our daughter, SIL, and granddaughter are on it as well as Hubby and myself. Now that we are going to BK, I told them they are going to have to get their own plan or piggyback on someone else. We are up for renewal in a week, so we plan to stick with Sprint, have two phones, and unlimited texting and data .... gonna be $129 month. If we get a droid phone, that's an extra $10. But It is $50 cheaper than the equivalent plan with Verizon, according to the net .

Comment

I have a i phone with ATT for $85 per month. Also have a car phone, so I can talk thru my car (dash ) with no hands with verizon for $20 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by StrawberrySu View Post
                          Okay, Jetsfan, here is a Sprint user. Right now we pay $150 a month, for unlimited texting, 1500 minutes. But, we currently have 5 phones on the plan, our daughter, SIL, and granddaughter are on it as well as Hubby and myself. Now that we are going to BK, I told them they are going to have to get their own plan or piggyback on someone else. We are up for renewal in a week, so we plan to stick with Sprint, have two phones, and unlimited texting and data .... gonna be $129 month. If we get a droid phone, that's an extra $10. But It is $50 cheaper than the equivalent plan with Verizon, according to the net .
                          Same here strawberry - sprint $200/mo - four lines, 1500 mins (plus unlimited to any mobile phone) - this is the LEAST amount of mins for a family plan, unlimited data and text (I HAVE to have this for work); this includes $50 for an internet braodband card - again for work.

Been with them since...1992!!!!!!

Comment

We're AT&T... four lines (one is an iPhone), unlimited text, 700 pooled minutes with rollover. $210 per month.

Landline phones are through Comcast (work line and fax line). I work from home as a software architect, and high-speed internet is required for employment. The cheapest way was to bundle cable, phones and HSI for $160 a month.

I have a separate internet/broadband account with Verizon for when I have to work from my rentals. $60 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Slingerland View Post
                              We're AT&T... four lines (one is an iPhone), unlimited text, 700 pooled minutes with rollover. $210 per month.

Landline phones are through Comcast (work line and fax line). I work from home as a software architect, and high-speed internet is required for employment. The cheapest way was to bundle cable, phones and HSI for $160 a month.

I have a separate internet/broadband account with Verizon for when I have to work from my rentals. $60 a month.
                              About landlines .... I agree, they are through. The last time we had one it was primarily for faxing, but now use a scanner & email for anything we need to fax. I am getting ready to have a garage sale ...several phones for sale ..... gonna put a couple of bucks on them for a day or two then put them in the free pile, lol.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X