This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I'm clueless why they'd connect?

I originally did the 'Connect with Facebook' thing because I couldn't get the confirmation email to actually arrive in my inbox, had a BKForum profile that could read but not post/reply/respond. So after a few days of fighting with that, tried the Connect w/ Facebook.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
      They're not automatically connected - but if you've ever 'logged in thru Facebook', or something like that, then yes you have connected them. I did the same - but changed the permissions so nothing is posted from BKForum on my FB page.

Once it got back on there this 2nd time, I looked at it closer. The permission box is not checked (thank goodness) which explains why nothing is getting posted on my facebook wall itself. But I'm still at a loss at to why it keeps connecting the two. I know for a fact I didn't sign up initially that way. I did again - after it got reinstalled the 2nd time - actually clicked that link on the sign in screen here (connect through facebook), and it brought me to an option I haven't seen before at all --- so I don't even think I've accidentally clicked that button in the past. Don't know what is going on -- ??
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
        Then I'm clueless why they'd connect?

I originally did the 'Connect with Facebook' thing because I couldn't get the confirmation email to actually arrive in my inbox, had a BKForum profile that could read but not post/reply/respond. So after a few days of fighting with that, tried the Connect w/ Facebook.

That same thing happened to me!!! I couldn't get a confirmation email either - this WAS using my email address that I have for facebook. So I just created a totally new account -- new user name and another email address, and it worked then. I wonder if facebook is trying to connect with that first account that never got set up????
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Crap, I am 100% positive I've never clicked on anything FB on this site, but it was listed with my applications as well. Can someone get this figured out? I will have to request my account be deleted here if it keeps linking the two sites together. That's not okay with me at all.
          attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
          no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
          341, 05/10/2010
          discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

I just found it on my facebook applications page also. Can my facebook "friends" see this application of mine somehow?
            Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
            341 June 1st, 2010
            Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
            Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Your friends can see which applications you use, yes.
              341, 05/10/2010
              discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Great.

I'm pretty new to facebook and after looking at some of my friends profiles I haven't spotted a way to see their applications so I figured they couldn't see mine. Still learning my way around over there.
                341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

On the left of your home page it says Applications, if you click on it you can see your friends.
                  341, 05/10/2010
                  discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Ah ok, I see that now. Thank you!

I'll be checking my applications page everytime I log in over there.
                    Last edited by jdcat; 05-11-2010, 11:38 AM. Reason: added comment
                    341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Okay, I just signed on my daughter's facebook page to see if she could see which applications I have installed.

BUT!!!!!! While I was on her site, I clicked on Applications to delete all the junk that I KNOW she has on hers. BKFORUM was on her applications too!!! We use the same computer -- but how on earth????? She uses her own personal email address for facebook and has NEVER been on this forum. This is just too weird!!

Comment

You can block applications, let me do it successfully before I share how.
                        341, 05/10/2010
                        discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Originally posted by blessed View Post
                          On the left of your home page it says Applications, if you click on it you can see your friends.
                          Well, dang it!! Never saw that before!!

Comment

Facebook = Open Book of your Faces (Personality/Life) to everybody (The whole world)...

Well, at least that's what the FB's orginial founders think of a concept... A Virtual-Online Prison of Chained-linking FACES!! LOL.. (no, you can't delete profile easy without hardships involved)

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                              Facebook = Open Book of your Faces (Personality/Life) to everybody (The whole world)...

Well, at least that's what the FB's orginial founders think of a concept... A Virtual-Online Prison of Chained-linking FACES!! LOL.. (no, you can't delete profile easy without hardships involved)
                              I think the bigger question is why does THIS website continue to let it be linked??? None of the other websites that I visit show up on facebook - only this one?

Comment

I just checked...it was on mine too. ???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X