Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did an 'experiment'. Created a new BKF account (this one) using another email address, logged in/out/in again to Bkforum with it. NOT choosing 'connect with Facebook'.

Used same email address to create a FB profile. At first BKforum was not on my list of applications. After creating the FB profile, and logging out/in again here - it shows as an application.

It seems that if one uses the same email address to access Facebook AND Bkforum, the BKForum will show as an app at FB. But I've never had BKForum publish anything to my 'wall'. Now must see if I can change my main BKForum's email address to one that I do not use on FB.
    ~Staci
    Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA2 View Post
      It seems that if one uses the same email address to access Facebook AND Bkforum, the BKForum will show as an app at FB. But I've never had BKForum publish anything to my 'wall'. Now must see if I can change my main BKForum's email address to one that I do not use on FB.
      Nope -- my email addresses are different. ??????
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Hmmm, I'm using 2 different emails for the BK forum and for FB.

I did log into dh's FB, since we use the same laptop and BK forum is NOT on his FB as an application.

Comment

It is a plugin - here is what it does

It is supposed to make it easier for folks, they dont have to go through normal reg process, similar to the way and OpenID would work

Comment

I will probably have to create/use a new BKforum account.

This one (SMinGA) I did 'connect with Facebook'. Need to know my password to change email address, and I don't think I ever created a password. When I click to have it 'resend' nothing comes thru. But then, that was the original problem with trying to sign up with me @att.net email address, the confirmation would not go thru.

Maybe I can use an @gmail.com? Will work on it later...
            Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
            (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post

This one (SMinGA) I did 'connect with Facebook'. Need to know my password to change email address, and I don't think I ever created a password. When I click to have it 'resend' nothing comes thru. But then, that was the original problem with trying to sign up with me @att.net email address, the confirmation would not go thru.

The one I use here is a gmail account - no problems -- well, except for THIS!!
              04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
                The one I use here is a gmail account - no problems -- well, except for THIS!!
                Hmmm....my FB account is Gmail. BK Forum is not. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Majakat View Post
                  It is a plugin - here is what it does

It is supposed to make it easier for folks, they dont have to go through normal reg process, similar to the way and OpenID would work
                  BUT, if you never connected through facebook, why is it showing up? That's what I don't get. I post on other forums (totally unrelated) that have that same option -- didn't link them either, but they don't show up on facebook.

Comment

I've used Loansafe.org also, don't recall right now how I signed up, but it was on my apps also.
                    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I've used Loansafe.org also, don't recall right now how I signed up, but it was on my apps also.
                      Creepy!

I have noticed today while working that if I sign off and close EACH window before I open the next window and sign into the next website instead of having multiple windows open and using the "remember me" option, it doesn't reinstall it. Big PITA to sign off each time though!!

Comment

But then, that was the original problem with trying to sign up with me @att.net email address, the confirmation would not go thru.

The one it would never connect with for me is an att address as well. ???

Comment

I don't use the FB connection to web sites that offer it. It just seems creepy.

Comment

I opened my BK forum account with gmail- used my other email account to register with facebook. I do NOT have the BKForum app. on facebook- just checked. Try that
                            All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                              I don't use the FB connection to web sites that offer it. It just seems creepy.
                              I don't either -- and it's even creepier when you don't use it - but you still get connected!

Comment

Originally posted by sofarsogood2 View Post
                                I opened my BK forum account with gmail- used my other email account to register with facebook. I do NOT have the BKForum app. on facebook- just checked. Try that

That's what I did too - but it's showing on mine. ???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X