Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's those 'tracking cookies' folks......

If you want to peruse the Internet, you can't get away from them...
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
      I don't use the FB connection to web sites that offer it. It just seems creepy.
      Me either. You have to be careful because alot of forums and blogs try to get you to sign up through your facebook account. I had one blog that connected me that way even though I checked a box NOT to go through facebook. After I deleted the account with the blog and reregistered it, it did it again! I don't visit that site anymore- ticked me off! Many things you discuss on a forum or blog are done under the assumption of anomosity (at least to the casual visitor). Why do sites assume you want it plastered on your Facebook wall? It IS creepy!

Did the admins. of BK Forum approve of this "connection" between the two sites? They HAVE to realize that most (if not all) BKForum members would NOT appreciate this at all. How do we let them know that people don't appreciate the app. being posted on their Facebook accounts?
      All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by sofarsogood2 View Post
        Did the admins. of BK Forum approve of this "connection" between the two sites? They HAVE to realize that most (if not all) BKForum members would NOT appreciate this at all. How do we let them know that people don't appreciate the app. being posted on their Facebook accounts?
        I agree. I would vote for that plugin to be disabled.
        attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
        no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
        341, 05/10/2010
        discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
          That's what I did too - but it's showing on mine. ???
          HMMM...

When I went to check mine, it also provided a list of my friends and asked if I wanted to check out their apps! Maybe it has to do with the privacy settings you have set on Facebook- my settings are set to limit anyone from accessing info about me. I don't remember exactly what I checked in the settings, but I know I tried to limit as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by blessed View Post
            I agree. I would vote for that plugin to be disabled.
            I'm not very tech savy- anyone know how to notify the powers-that-be around here that we don't like it and would like it to be disabled?

Comment

I have a face book account. I only opened it to investigate a situation. I don't use it and to me it is a pain the the @$$. I respond to classmates (all those OLD people) but briefly. I attempted to get some tie to face book from here. I attempted up to the point of log out and set up an account. I don't want a second account so I aborted and went to face book. No problem. Can you be more specific?

Understand this site is supported by hits on it. No website is free. The owner has been messaged about this thread to address this concern. This is all I know.

I doubt it has any affect on anybody, but as a computer consultant I can say: There is NO anonymity on the Internet. It is forever. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post

Understand this site is supported by hits on it. No website is free.

I doubt it has any affect on anybody, but as a computer consultant I can say: There is NO anonymity on the Internet. It is forever. 'Hub
                Well there won't be a site much longer if you start linking the site to peoples public profiles without their permission. Pretty poor decision making to implement a Facebook option that is not a clear opt-in on a site where most people will obviously want to be anonymous.

Silly to excuse the behavior as "there is no anonymity on the Internet". This an active overshare by the site -- the owner made an affirmative decision to do this. It's not a case of something being accidentally linked by Google or what have you.

And if it really has no affect on anybody, do you care to post your full name and location here? I doubt it.

Comment

There is no automatic integration, if you click on the facebook option to login, it ask you to allow access, and makes you give your login into - I did that first, when i couldnt view stuff anymore without making an account -

I click out of the authorize window, and manually made my acct - you choose what you authorize and what you do not, if you dont want things linked to facebook, dont use those options

Comment

Originally posted by Majakat View Post
                    There is no automatic integration, if you click on the facebook option to login, it ask you to allow access, and makes you give your login into - I did that first, when i couldnt view stuff anymore without making an account -

I click out of the authorize window, and manually made my acct - you choose what you authorize and what you do not, if you dont want things linked to facebook, dont use those options

Not me -- I didn't click on the option to login - tried it today out of curiosity to see what it said and it popped up an option I've never seen before, so I know I didn't do it accidentally when signing in. I've never authorized access for that application - but yet it keeps installing it on facebook. I deleted it this morning and within two hours, it was back on my facebook applications again. It also was on my 12 year old daughter's facebook applications as well. Something isn't right.
                    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Ahhh.. I see,

go here

Войдите на Facebook, чтобы общаться с друзьями, родственниками и знакомыми.

and click Block Application

Comment

I get that there is no anonymity on the internet and agree it's silly to excuse this. Which is exactly why I was careful to NOT click on the FB thing under the login here. I'm not stupid. I did NOT use those options. This is a glitch on this board that I find unacceptable, plain and simple.
                        attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                        no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                        341, 05/10/2010
                        discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

I dont think it is just this board - I found where you are talking about - and it is doing some sort of cookie to the fan page -

BK form mods, maybe you should disable the plugin and remove the fan page? Although it doesnt default to sharing what you post here to your facebook page, it would SURE be horrible if it did...

Comment

And I can't find the Block Application link on facebook either. I can find under settings where I can EDIT applications that I have already blocked -- but nothing to just block an application. I even went so far today as to key in the website name in the place for blocking other users from seeing your profile, but that didn't work either.

As far as the fan page, it's not linking me to that -- I did find that too in my search today.

I've been very careful tonight to sign off one website before moving to the other, and so far, it hasn't reinstalled it back onto my facebook like it did earlier today. I don't know if that is making a difference or not, but it sure is a pain to keep resigning in when I come back.
                            04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Go to- Privacy settings

then applications and websites

then What you share

then click Learn More

underneatch the graphic in small print - click You can view the full list of Applications you have authorized on this page.

click on this page

when you see bk forum - click the name - and on that page it will have a link to block appication

Comment

Go to- Privacy settings

then applications and websites

then What you share

then click Learn More

underneatch the graphic in small print - click You can view the full list of Applications you have authorized on this page.

click on this page

when you see bk forum - click the name - and on that page it will have a link to block appication
                                Did that - it takes me to the same page that I used this morning when I discovered the application -- (Application settings takes you to the same page automatically) -- but I've already deleted the application so it's not there any longer. BUT, it did reinstall itself earlier today (which of course I deleted again). I'll have to see if it reinstalls itself again and then try to block it from that point.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X