Question 14 years after bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 14 years after bankruptcy

I received a call this morning saying I need to call an 866 number and give them a cv number. The pulled up a file and read back all my info including my full social. I filled chapter 7 pro se in 2010 and all went well no issues and all that. Well one of my creditors was Capital One. This company told me Capital One is pursuing to collect lost fees for those who filled Bankruptcy within I think she said 1-2 years before bankruptcy. It's been 14 years for one ad this debt was discharged with the bankruptcy. I told them I need to see documentation on all this, of course they told me they sent out the documentation. The then said they debt is in default and will be seeking a Lien against my property which I purchased well after my Bankruptcy. The company that reached out was US Civil Claims Department. I can't find any info on them any where.I've contacted a Bankruptcy Attorney in my state to see what they say but thought I'd ask here as well,thanks for the help

Welcome to BKForum!

This sounds like fraud and reads like a scam. Do not talk to them or provide them any information!

Please contact your attorney. If you can't contact your attorney please do not talk to these people. There is no creditor that would risk serious violations of the permanent discharge injunction and try to collect a 14-year old discharged debt. Scam written all over it. It reads as though they got a copy of the "public" record of your bankruptcy, went through the schedules/petition, and plucked out information.

Other proof that they are illegitimate:
    • They have been sued for misrepresentation:
      https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...ction-lawsuit/
    • The real Court of Federal Claims DOES NOT call, email, or send letters requesting money, gift cards, or personal identifying information.
    • Other general information from Better Business Bureau on similarly named companies that are fraudulent and not authorized to operate a business in various States.

Caveat Emptor!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you! Unfortunately I did talk to them. I did not give any info because they already had ALL of my info basically my whole credit file and report info including my FULL Social. I have contacted a couple attorneys and I am waiting to hear back to see if I compromised myself in any way. It's crazy after 14 years someone would try this I think the original debt wasn't even close to $1000dollars anyway

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X