top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first thing you did after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the first thing you did after discharge?

Was wondering today what was one or a few of the first things you did after discharge?

We're waiting on our final discharge papers any day and have thought about what I am going to do:

1) pay back my brother-in-law money we owed him and was included in the chapter 13
    2) check my credit score just for fun...haven't done that this whole time cause it wouldn't matter much any way
    3) Go out for a nice dinner
    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
    Discharged: 7/25/12

Be sure to add "started saving money" to the list of things you do.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

It is a good feeling to see the DISCHARGED on pacer.
      1st.. had a nice grilled New york strip with the husband
      2nd.. save, save, save $$
      3 rebuild credit and future!
      Good luck to you!!!!

Comment

I slept like a baby.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
          Be sure to add "started saving money" to the list of things you do.
          This is the most important thing that you can do.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I know that this is an old post just thought I would share my thoughts.
            stay broke until I get my discharge letter so I can smile knowing I screwed my creditors since they don't care about me!!!
            Then I'll save save save for retirement!!!
            also I'll be getting the hell out of commieforina with there mandated vaccines and lockdowns along with the high cost of living to much lunacy for my blood. Seems like debt collectors see covid as a big paycheck and there going after califorians cashing in from covid!!!

Comment

California (and other states) wouldn't need to mandate vaccines and lockdowns if the idiot anti-vaxxers would just listen to science and get vaccinated.
              Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
                California (and other states) wouldn't need to mandate vaccines and lockdowns if the idiot anti-vaxxers would just listen to science and get vaccinated.
                AGREE!!!! there the ones causing this mess!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X