Little over a year since discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little over a year since discharge

It's been a little over a year since our discharge, but less than a year since the Trustee finally closed our case. So, I still feel like it all just happened.

The cat in my avatar showed up in our yard again last night, haven't seen him around since last summer. He made me think of this place, so I thought I'd post my after BK experience to this point.

DH got tons of CC offers after the discharge. I only got a few secured ones. We applied and got him a $500 Cap One card, no fees and 0% interest 'til May of this year. We charged small items and paid them off. Last charge was for a printer, a portion of that is still on there. This month they increased his limit to $2,500. I didn't request it, and only noticed it while I was on there paying the bill. We're happy to have it there for car or house emergencies. Sure would like to replace my TV that broke....but, will NOT do it until we have the cash.

My car (our main daily driver) has oil leaks that won't stop and now alternator's out. Repairs were more than the car is worth. I have a new client that is not very local, so had a deep desire for a reliable car. After months of research, considering every car and truck out there, we finally bit the bullet and got a car loan. DH Equifax was 667, mine was 577, so the loan is under him and I'm co-applicant. Our first payment is next month. The car is a 2009 with only 25,000 miles, so it's like brand new and totally reliable; still has some factory warranty left.

DH's FICO is now 675 after the car purchase and the CC limit increase. Not sure which triggered the increase. Mine has stayed 656 since I first checked with myFICO on Jan 1. The dealership credit score letter said they use Equifax and my score was 577, so don't know what that's about.

Still in the house stay and pay. Haven't been late on a mtg payment for the last 3 yrs since our modification in Jan 2011. It needs a roof and paint. DH has developed arthritis this last year or so (only in his 40's) so I have to find a way to pay for the work to be done.

I've expanded my freelance business, offering additional services. Income is still tight, but I'm working on it. I was already not paying the CCs for a while when I filed BK, so I didn't magically have extra money each month after discharge. BK did free up some of my time to focus on my work. Still don't have time to focus on my home or personal life, but hoping that will come.

Can't be more grateful for this place, you guys are helping so many people. Don't feel like I'm rebuilding very much yet, but I do have a grip.
    BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

I also got credit card offers- with outrageous costs. I declined. I kept my $400 SECURED visa at the credit union.
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X