Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Car Loan Mail Solicitation Post-Discharge

I have received letters from two local dealerships inviting me to visit them to apply for a car loan. I don't any intention of visiting them and using their financing which appears to be sub-prime anyway, but one thing both dealers ask for (they use the same form letter) is "six complete references". What do they mean by these references? People who bill me (cable, phone, utilities)? Friends? Neighbors? Employers? Do they really require them and is any car loan lender going to ask for such references?
    Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019

I have no idea. I haven't used "dealer" financing in at least 15 years. I also use my credit union or RoadLoans for a blank check. The use of 6 "complete" references seems to be the standard for super sub-prime and first time buyer (limited credit) loans. Many car dealerships and lenders, for bad credit and no credit loans, ask for the same number of references, although they only really need four.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X