Car title post discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car title post discharge

Both of our vehicles were included in our plan. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the titles? Is it after the discharge or after closing? I don't need them for trade in or selling yet, but I'm trying to figure out if/when I have to start making phone calls.

It depends. I had to call the creditor to obtain the two titles. They sent one quickly (within 2 weeks) then said they lost the other. It went back and forth for some time (2 months) and I told them I'd reopen the case and we can go bfeore the judge. They somehow "found" the title and sent it within 2 weeks from that conversation.

Bottom line: some creditors are quick to send the titles without any request. Most may require a phone call to inform them that the discharge was entered and you'd like the lien released (if you're in an electronic title (ELT) State like Florida), or the physical title. Even for ELT States you may still want the physical title that they had printed and their letter releasing their lien.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks! It's only been 2 weeks, so I'll give it til the end of the month. I was just curious and didn't see a lot of info on the subject.

Comment

Update! We got one today (from NMAC). Just waiting on the other now (5/3 Bank).

Comment

That's good it probably just takes a little time. One of our cars was paid off during our BK and we received the title while the BK was still active.
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X