top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a new car post bk, question on cosigner....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a new car post bk, question on cosigner....

So after I filed last year I got a new to me hoopty. The car is horrible....everything that can go wrong with it has. I've spent probably about 5k fixing it in the last year....and at this point I'm thinking buying a new car is probably a better option than to keep dumping money into it.

My question is....if I have a cosigner, would that possibly drop my interest rate?

My credit scores right now are:

TU 587
    EQ 636
    EX 593

That's according to true credit. I know those scores can be off. I'm scared to even apply for anything since bankruptcy
    Filed 07/14/2006
    341 Meeting 08/11/2006
    Deadline to Object 10/10/2006
    Discharged 10/17/2006

What I was told by the car dealership when I was buying a car is that the only thing a co-signer can do is make up the difference in two things: 1. When you don't have enough income to make the payment, they can make up the difference (and they have to have fair to good credit) and 2. When you don't have any credit they can make up the difference of no credit (but either you or them will need to have the income to make the payment.)

What a co-signer can never do is this: Make up for BAD CREDIT. You could however be an joint account holder with another person and and use them as the primary and in that case they would use their credit as the primary. But they will never use a co-signer as the primary credit. Hope this makes sense.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I agree with cindy. On the other hand, your scores look good enough that you could probably acquire a vehicle and financing all on your own. Have you tried this?
      Bankruptcy History:
      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
      Discharged - 02/16/2006
      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X