A releasing dilema after chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A releasing dilema after chapter 7

I'm currently going through a chapter 7 and should be done and rapped up hopefully before the end of the year. I'm currently in a lease with chrysler and the lease will be up in August of 08. The only main bills I will be keeping with the 7 are the mortgage and a vehicle payment and this lease. I'm hoping to be able to release with chrysler after my lease is up, but I'm not sure if I will be able to or not with the bankruptcy. I figured I'd be in good standing with them, but still I'm not sure. I drive the other car to work and usually drive around 30K miles a year. My wife uses the leased car for errands and she has a couple of cleaning jobs, so she needs a vehicle too. I'm just curious if anyone has been through a similar situation. I'm hoping with the three big payments I'm keeping and in good standing with will also help bring my credit up a little quicker too. Any info would be appreciated.

chrysler approved me approx. 7 months after BK for a purchase. I ended up going with cap one though b/c lower interest rate. There really won't be any way to know until the time comes unfortunately. You chances will be better. I was in the same situation with BMW. I had asked them ahead of time and them gave me a big fat no. They would no do another lease if I filed. It can't hurt to call and ask.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X