Replacement car from the redemption lender companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement car from the redemption lender companies

Has anyone gotten a car from them? How old are the cars there are to choose from? Are they in good condition?

What are the payments and interest rates like?

If I get a car from them, which looks like I might have to, I need something dependable with low mileage because I drive my son 400 miles every week for medical treatments.

I'm just trying to figure out what to expect?

I was quoted 24% interest. Cars are no older than 2003 and have to be below a certain mileage. They "said" payments would be between 300 and 400 although the website they gave me didn't show any prices???
    Filed Pro Se 9/10/07
    341 Complete 10/16/07
    Discharged 1/23/08

Comment

Originally posted by chewy96 View Post
      Has anyone gotten a car from them? How old are the cars there are to choose from? Are they in good condition? What are the payments and interest rates like? If I get a car from them, which looks like I might have to, I need something dependable with low mileage because I drive my son 400 miles every week for medical treatments. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect?
      Chewy, to use 722 redemption lenders, you have to file Ch 7 first and be in an active Ch 7 case to qualify - see http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=234795

Has a bankruptcy lawyer verified that you qualify for Ch 7?
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Yes, I am filing a chapter 7 this week. I previously was in a Chapter 13 (filed 9/05 that was dismissed (8/07) due to nothing short of a lawyer screw-up. So now, I am armed with a new attorney and ready to get this done right and OVER.

And since this time it will be a 7, I am glad it wont be so long and drawn up.

Comment

722redemption.com does plans for ch13 as well as 7.check out bankruptcyauto.com or freshrtart.com..cars no older than 2005 and mileage not over 40k...around 24% interest...im n the process of getting a replacement vehicle..they work w ur local dealers and uget the vehicle at wholesale price...thats y no prices.w bankruptcyauto.com u pay 99 dollas the first 3 months then ur full monthly payment afterwards
          Filed BK on 10/19...
          341 Meeting Scheduled 11/26 @ 10am
          Discharged 1/30/2008

Comment

We used Fresh Start Loans and were able to pick out our own vehicles and negotiate our own prices at any franchised dealership. We overnighted the loan documents to the lender yesterday and we'll have our checks in hand to take to the dealership tomorrow. They approve you for a certain amount, and you can have up to 45,000 miles for a 2007, 60,000 for a 2006, all the way to 105,000 for 2000-2002 model years (can't remember the exact mileages, don't have the sheet in front of me). It's 24% interest, same as the other places, but you get a lot of leeway in vehicle selection. Also no prepayment penalty, so we'll refi after discharge to get a better rate.

Comment

Originally posted by songbird81 View Post
              We used Fresh Start Loans and were able to pick out our own vehicles and negotiate our own prices at any franchised dealership. We overnighted the loan documents to the lender yesterday and we'll have our checks in hand to take to the dealership tomorrow. They approve you for a certain amount, and you can have up to 45,000 miles for a 2007, 60,000 for a 2006, all the way to 105,000 for 2000-2002 model years (can't remember the exact mileages, don't have the sheet in front of me). It's 24% interest, same as the other places, but you get a lot of leeway in vehicle selection. Also no prepayment penalty, so we'll refi after discharge to get a better rate.
              hey there...I just got approved with freshstart as well for up to $21,500. they said a letter will be going out in the mail. have you received yours yet?
              just sounds too good to be true - I'm skeptical!
              (yes, the interest rate sucks but I would refinance as soon as I'm discharged as well)
              09/12/07 - filed chapter 7 10/17/07 - 341 meeting
              12/27/07 - discharged!
              scores at filing TU 508 EX 517 EQ 518 [ouch]
              scores as of 8/08 - TU 567 EX 546 EQ 590

Comment

Originally posted by Adchick View Post
                hey there...I just got approved with freshstart as well for up to $21,500. they said a letter will be going out in the mail. have you received yours yet?
                just sounds too good to be true - I'm skeptical!
                (yes, the interest rate sucks but I would refinance as soon as I'm discharged as well)
                I got my letter a couple days after approval, but she will email you a copy the same day if you ask. We got our checks the day they said we would, and took them to the dealership. We're all done and the cars are ours now. I thought it was pretty easy. I especially liked having my financing done before negotiating the price - easier to get a better deal that way. Good luck on your purchase!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X