top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What questions should I ask to get the best rate for auto financing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
    The OP said they paid their cc in full every month? I dont think that helps your credit score much...Pay more than the min. for a few months then pay it off..Isnt it true that as long as you have to owe someone and continue to pay EVERY month that helps raise your score? I dont think paying it off every month will help you ...sounds silly I know but thats the game
    Depends on the type of credit card. American Express T&E cards require monthly payoff.

Also, what helps more is your oldest account, paying on time, available credit versus credit used, and never missing a payment. Revolving a charge account (and carrying balances), does help a score a bit... but the FICO scoring system doesn't add points, it subtracts them.

Having different types of credit (revolving, T&E, installment (car), real estate) and handling it well, goes a lot further than simply revolving some debt.

Carrying certain types of debt, bodes poorly for a score. For example, just one installment account (other than a for a car/house) will hurt you. Having more than two hurts significantly (it may be only 40 points... and no one knows the real way FICO scores... but it is significant). For example... don't have 2 cars and 2 CitiFinancial accounts. On the top reasons why your score is low... "Too many installment accounts." will be listed first or second. (FYI, I'm talking about the mortgage FICO scoring model.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you to everyone. I had know idea paying it off in full doesn't help me. That's absolutely ridiculous. Why do you have to be in debt to get a head in life. I will try the Friendly Fianance & let you guys know how that works. keep the good info coming.
      Filed 06/01/2008
      Court Date 07/24/2008
      Discharged 09/25/2008

Comment

Nicollette, how much of a downpayment were you required to have?
        Filed 06/01/2008
        Court Date 07/24/2008
        Discharged 09/25/2008

Comment

Try... http://www.722redemption.com/

They will get you a loan but expect 20%+ finance rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Immaraia View Post
            Nicollette, how much of a downpayment were you required to have?
            They wanted me to put down $800 or more, but of course, I didn't have that. Did you give them a call?
            Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
            Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

do you have a number for them i have tried to get into contact with them throu the number on the net but there no help there. i am assuming that i have to find a dealership that use them
              Last edited by Immaraia; 11-21-2008, 06:08 PM.
              Filed 06/01/2008
              Court Date 07/24/2008
              Discharged 09/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Immaraia View Post
                do you have a number for them i have tried to get into contact with them throu the number on the net but there no help there. i am assuming that i have to find a dealership that use them
                Try (800)872-2877 Ext. 204 or Ext. 263. I believe they can tell you what dealers in your area use their financing.

Good Luck
                Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X