Best lender for redemption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best lender for redemption?

I'd like to try to refi my current vehicle before dumping it for a new/newer car. Can anyone recommend a lender or two to apply at?

The only loan I have now is a mtg payment of $805 and I gross $5450 a month. I am a couple months post discharge.

Your help is always appreciated! Thank you!
    02/05/09 Filed BK7
    03/11/09 341 Hearing
    05/20/09 Discharged!

I don't really know, but there is USBank (722 Redemption), which seems to be the predominant force in this market.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      I don't really know, but there is USBank (722 Redemption), which seems to be the predominant force in this market.
      Thanks again JB!
      02/05/09 Filed BK7
      03/11/09 341 Hearing
      05/20/09 Discharged!

Comment

There are certain states that redemption lenders are not licensed in. You need to call first and see if you're state is one of them.

We are in TX and have yet to find a redemption program that's licensed here.
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

722 Redemption is a veryy high rate..........like 24%. IMO, there are many other lenders that may be able to help you refi. Keep in mind with the current credit crunch, lenders may not lend, especially if the current loan exceeds the value. You could try a credit union. They look at the big picture when it comes to approving loans.
          Bankruptcy History:
          Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
          Discharged - 02/16/2006
          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            The redemption loan 722 offered me was worse than the terms I already have. More $ for more months.

Comment

Originally posted by majicman50 View Post
              The redemption loan 722 offered me was worse than the terms I already have. More $ for more months.
              Yep, that happens. That's why you need to evaluate whether it's better or not. It doesn't work well (722 Redemption that is), unless you are significantly underwater on the vehicle.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X