2 yrs past and still struggling for a car loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 yrs past and still struggling for a car loan

I need to buy my wifes leased 2006 Nissan Xterra by next week. Credit cleaned up, scores are in the 680's 690's.
    I have been approved through Capital One blank check at 8.47% for 36 months to cover this. I figured I better shop around to see if there are any better deals, etc.
    Wells Fargo initially approved me, but the underwriters said no! What a tease!

Where else to look? Just settle for the Cap One? Payoff on the lease will be $10,667, and Cap One put a limit of $13,200 on the check. i hope this is enough to cover the taxes, etc.
    Filed Ch7 - 10/2/07 no asset
    341 Meeting - 10/29/07
    Discharge - March 2008 forgot the date

Have never done a lease payoff, but if $10,667 is the amount you owe then that should be the amount of the payoff. If they add sales tax, you'll still be within the limit of your check. Unless your sales tax rate is 23%+++?
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Have you tried a local credit union? If not, you may want to check it out. With your scores, you could probably get a rate around 6-7% for interest if approved. This was the route I used. Good luck!

Comment

You probably will not find anything else out there due to your credit/BK as you are finding out. You need to determine if you can afford the 3 year payment on that vehicle if you accept the Cap One check and also note that is a 4 year old vehicle which will depreciate very quickly over the next 3 years and you are going to be way upside down. I hope you plan on keeping the vehicle for that period of time so you don't end up getting stuck refinancing funds owed on an upside down vehicle in the future.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by JasonK94Z View Post
          I need to buy my wifes leased 2006 Nissan Xterra by next week. Credit cleaned up, scores are in the 680's 690's.
          I have been approved through Capital One blank check at 8.47% for 36 months to cover this. I figured I better shop around to see if there are any better deals, etc.
          Wells Fargo initially approved me, but the underwriters said no! What a tease!

Where else to look? Just settle for the Cap One? Payoff on the lease will be $10,667, and Cap One put a limit of $13,200 on the check. i hope this is enough to cover the taxes, etc.
          2 years after BK I was approved at the Subaru dealership and they use Chase.
          I bought a new car which I think is easier to get financing. I did put 7k down but they said I was approved for the full amount and I had a choice of terms. I took the 4.5% for 72 months.

Good luck,

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X