Getting car loan through Capital one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting car loan through Capital one

Thinking about applying for car loan through Capital One Auto loans but dh and I each had a CC that was d/c through them. How do they look at us applying?

I am in the same situation, but have not discharged yet. Wondering if I should reaffirm the Cap One card in order to have chance at auto loan...

Comment

im not sure but would like to know if u do and the results..I mean if u are looking for a car u have 14 days to apply and it will only hit ur credit hard with one inquiry..so u can try..whats ur score and what down payment and loan amount?

Comment

Yes you can. I included Cap One in 7/09 Ch 7 discharge. I received Cap One credit card offer last week and received $750 credit line. Today I applied for a refinance auto loan with Cap One and was approved at a 5.73% rate, which was a 4% reduction. I would estimate the car was 100% LTV. I had 51 payments left out of 72 and they accepted on the same terms.
        Filed CH 7 3/26/09
        341 4/23/09
        Discharged 7/7/09
        Rental Foreclosure Sale 11/4/09

Comment

That is awesome Mizzou13. I was worried about that too as I have one of their credit cards (along with just about every major card) and heard that some places black list you for life if you include them in the bk.

Comment

What you all need to remember is that what happens with one person as to getting credit/refinancing/car loan after discharge will not happen to another. A LOT depends on other information, income, stability, credit prior to filing, etc., etc.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I was approved by Cap One Auto finance 5 days after discharge through Carmax with 10.80% interest rate and I put $500 down! I discharged a credit card with them. They won't give me another credit card though. Denial letter says because there is presence of a bankruptcy on my credit report. Oh, I was denied for auto loan when I appliesd myself online 3 days after discharge
              Filed Ch.13 August 2008,
              Converted to Ch.7 03/31/10, 341 Meeting 05/05/2010, Discharged 07/16/2010

Comment

I was denied also by Capital One when I applied online, but ultimately got a loan through them with a dealer (with cosigner). My husband, who did not declare BK but whose credit is pretty bad now as he is maxed out everywhere (probably in worse shape than me despite my BK), was also denied by them when we tried to apply online. He was denied just about everywhere but finally was approved online through USAA (he is a longtime member and was in the military) with a really good interest rate.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X