carmax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carmax?

Has anyone had experience with Carmax? Are their vehicles really as good as they claim? They do an inspection, but do they really repair what comes out in their inspections?
    File Date Feb 1, 2010
    341 Mar 8, 2010
    Discharged and closed May 10, 2010
    Being very careful and wise with fresh start!......Living happily ever after since!

Hi, i suggest you have it looked at by your repair person before buying. I brought a malibu LS from them in connecticut 3 years ago and i had no problems. I had my car looked at first and also my car only had 19,000 miles on it when i got it. Know it has 45,200 miles. Just like anywhere else you might go, have it checked out.

Comment

Carmax is a stand-up company..I bought a 2003 Ford Expedition from them about 4 years ago and the engine blew 6 months into the car. Even though I did not have the extended warranty purchased, they paid for the engine(they did NOT have to do this!). That won me as a customer for life.
      The next one I bought from them however, I DID get the extended warranty..lol
      They would be the only car lot I would deal with from a used side. Period.

Comment

They were also fair when I had to quickly sell a non-exempt car prior to bankruptcy to pay for attorney fees and exempt assets. I normally sell my cars on my own and I figure I only lost 10% using carmax on this one. Not only did I get a good price from them but I was lucky since the day after I sold my 2007 Camry to them, Toyota formally launched their big recall.
        Chapter 7 asset case
        Filed 1/8/10; 341 2/8/10 (10 minutes);
        Discharged 4/12/10; Closed 11/4/10

Comment

I looked at carmax 1st, but found out that I could get a brand new car. It's not exactly what I want right now, but it is new with the full warranty. It also helps me to build up my credit, so that I can buy a house in a couple of years. I just bought a new 2010 ford focus, and got one heck of a deal on it. $6,000 in rebates. $3,000 off the sticker price and the other $3,000 to use as a down payment. I am financing it through americredit.
          Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
          341 meeting 4/18/2010
          Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
          FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

Carmax is a great company. I have purchased 2 cars and 2 truck over the last 10 years. I will only purchase future automobiles from Carmax. No shady salsmans going back and forth over trade in and contract neggoitations. Price marked on window is the price you pay. Good trade in prices too. Love them.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierMan19 View Post
              Carmax is a great company. I have purchased 2 cars and 2 truck over the last 10 years. I will only purchase future automobiles from Carmax. No shady salsmans going back and forth over trade in and contract neggoitations. Price marked on window is the price you pay. Good trade in prices too. Love them.
              I agree with you, i love my car and if i decide to get another one i will go back. No hassle or pressure.

Comment

Just bought a loaded 08 Altima from them and (surprise!) actually got it cheaper than the Nissan dealer....

Also, just fyi, my credit sux (601-620 but those are TrueCredit FAKOs...) and Santander approved me through Carmax's credit app. 14% or so I believe put down $2k.....this is with no bk (decided not to...long story), a foreclosure less than 2 years old, and several thousand $$ in cc charge-offs that we are slowly paying off. Quality is excellent on those cars, go for it!

Comment

If i ever need to get another car, i will go back to carmax. My experience there was positive.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X